1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

LOW COST SIMULATOR "SUPERSIM"

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by ACTIVE-GAME, May 7, 2016.

1. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    From my experience, while a lot of tilt offers a greater sense of force you want to experience, the fact that the rig must make large rotations in order to do it completely overrides this fact. The feelings of large rotations kill the immersion factor not to mention the fact that it lakes longer to transition when a force shifts from one side to the other.
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. ACTIVE-GAME

ACTIVE-GAME Member

Balance:
    251Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor, SCN5, SCN6, SimAxe, Motion platform, 4DOF

put the camera on a simulator is not a problem!
    we at lambo 2dof well worth it!
  3. ACTIVE-GAME

ACTIVE-GAME Member

Balance:
    251Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Some are nausea, some do not!
    With the camera or without camera.
  4. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -0
    some comments for active-game and the community (just if some on is interested)

1. $1,500 seams cheap (which is a good thing for me)

2. dear Active-game, what is your goal with your post...., promote? show us? (because your comment, "your sim moves better than any of this forum", it is kind of offensive, since the guys here (me include) works in our sims with so much love... so this is kind of insulting... if you would like to promote, please don't be offensive since you will get the oposite effect.

3. about the exessive moving, i guess it is because your product sims to be adressed for the arcade market (and arcade people i guess would like to be moved so much for 2 minutes and the guys here are more like "provesional drivers")... (really some guys here have been driving real race cars).... so if some one tells you that the sims moves to much, i guess you can answer that it can be tunned in a profile... (i guess your software can do it right?)

4. i don't get why every time that some commercial guy apears seams like we all want to kick him... (i just wonder why) (i only know of a guy in this forum that was "stolen" for a company, and that guy never react badly)

5. Dear Active-game.... maybe if you share some stuff from your sim the story could be different... told us the story of your company, how did you stared, why you are using that motors and not others, what controlers you are using... i mean this is a forum to share... i mean dont show us all your intelectual property but... show us something... i am sure that what you design is not so much different from what we have show here...

best regards

fer
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ACTIVE-GAME

ACTIVE-GAME Member

Balance:
    251Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Okay, no problem! question that interests you?
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ferslash

ferslash Active Member

Balance:
    4,798Coins
    Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -0
    man :D Tell us about your company.... how did you stared... what is your background...

what electronic countrols do you use... an in house design or an out of the shelf one best regards

fer :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Kirk

Kirk Member

Sr Software Engineer
    Balance:
    15,087Coins
    Ratings:
    +114 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor
    A little confusion here:

Sale price: $1499, in the video description it says "buy price from $7500", and as a caption in that same video, it says "price from $4900" (also on web site).

I'm assuming these are for the three models (SuperSIM, Lambo 2DOF, and Ferrari 6DOF).

However, the specs on the Lambo seem pretty low for the price (assuming $4900), compared to its little and big brothers, and $7500 is a deal decent for a 6DOF, if correct.

I wish you were in the states. There are a lot of people here who are avid gamers and have well-to-do parents. $1500 and no soldering? You'd have to beat them away with a stick.
    I prefer DIY, but I must say that I'm quite impressed with the motion you've achieved.

The general consensus here is that smaller movements is preferred, but I'm a fan of over-the-top everything (yeah, I'm another of those darn Americans...).
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ACTIVE-GAME

ACTIVE-GAME Member

Balance:
    251Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    :D

Blame company "CRUDEN"
    they have a very cool simulators, but 6 years ago, they were very expensive simulators!
    Therefore, we have started to build their first 6 dof platform:)
  9. ACTIVE-GAME

ACTIVE-GAME Member

Balance:
    251Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Thanks Kirk!
    you are the only one who has responded well to our sim,
    Soon we will open an office in USA.
  10. crammy

crammy Active Member Gold Contributor

Fabrication
    Balance:
    4,633Coins
    Ratings:
    +326 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    SCN6, 4DOF
    Hi @ACTIVE-GAME . i can see both sides of this. Im new to motion sims and only got mine set up a couple of weeks ago, but was studying the forum for a couple of months before. Before building my sim i wanted loads of movement as thats what i thought was expected. since building it i am dialling the movements smaller and smaller to be more realistic for driving which seems better and the general feel on this forum. Less is more in the racing sim i have noticed. However i think your sim for flying is fantastic and worth every penny, but not driving sims for me.
    just my opinion though

cheers

jay
  11. Twinsen Yuen

Twinsen Yuen Member

IT
    Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I think the motion sims is good for Flight sim too. But not for driving...
    As the video, the responing/turing is too exaggerated.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. r3df0x

r3df0x n00by Racer Gold Contributor

IT technician
    Balance:
    231Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6
  13. chu

chu 2dof racingseat

tecnician
    Balance:
    937Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    cheap but very high you need a ladder to get on it
  14. Twinsen Yuen

Twinsen Yuen Member

IT
    Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    As the video tell me."Good Builds must need a Good Profile Setting"...
  15. insanegr

insanegr !N$@n€

Balance:
    16,715Coins
    Ratings:
    +498 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    @ACTIVE-GAME do you have your own motion control program for your simulators. if yes what games do you support ?
  16. bruce stephen

bruce stephen Hammer doesnt fix it, must be electrical

general contractor
    Balance:
    9,110Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,237 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    @ACTIVE-GAME while its great that you have brought a simulator to market that in itself is a feat........... IT IS TOO BAD YOUR MOTION PROFILE IS TERRIBLE! Too much and too jerky. It would be much more effective if it were tuned properly. I think you misunderstand the capabilities of the majority of machines built here. Its not that our sims wont make ridiculous over exagerated movements like your sim, its that it doesn't feel real or real good to be tossed around like that. We are for the most part looking for immersion not a carnival ride. That is for kicks not realism. good luck selling your product but IMO you would be better suited to a market (community) that knows less than you not more. :nerd

again gj bringing it to market i wish you success.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Pit

Pit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30,409Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,088 / 31 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I like rhetoric...

While I agree with your statement on the other hand I hope that no one will buy this simulator who does not know what he really needs.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,568Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    This question was already asked but it was asked and answered in the wrong thread. Start reading from the link here to see the answer.
    Where to buy motion simulator actuators - SCN5 and SCN6?
    • Informative Informative x 1