1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Loosing 1 actuator connexion ...

Discussion in 'XSimulator Q&A/FAQs - Outdated' started by bleco, Jan 21, 2011.

1. bleco

bleco Member Gold Contributor

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Since tonight I have an issue with the Profiler or I guess it's related to the profiler ...

I keep loosing the left actuator after a couple of second when I start driving. When I return into the Profiler interface page, both actuators are listed but if I open the scn5 settings the left actuator is no longer listed ... A hardware rescan and it comes up again ...

I did not change anything on my system and ran with no issues for months using the same 1-0-100 timing settings with my Devantech adapters. I had a similar issue in the past but it was caused by one of the scn5 data connector that was not correctly done. I removed it and soldered the wires instead of using a connector and it never disconnected again... It cannot be a hardware issue since both actuators are redetected after a HW scan.

What I have tried so far;
    - different games and different profiles and system reboot
    - 1-1-100 and 1-0-100 timing in both Profiler and usb com port settings
    - Clear registry with x-sim registry cleaning tool and removal + reinstallation of x-sim 2.0.8.9b
    - FTDI driver update

I don't know what to check anymore ... any ideas ?? Eveything was working very well and nothing as changed on my system ...

Thx

Bleco
  2. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    If that version of X-Sim has worked fine for you all along, and suddenly you are having connection issues, it probably doesn't make sense to conclude that the problem is X-Sim or Profiler related because it hasn't changed. :)

Try 2,2,120
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Also, perhaps something else is running on your PC that is slowing it down and causing timing issues?
  4. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Bernard,

Thx for your help...

I have been able to run 3 laps at Spa using your advice so So far so good but I don't understand why this issue has began and even if I don't really notice it during gameplay, output per secondes are much lower now...
    Using a timing of 2-2-120 in the profiler scn5 config and 2-200-200 in the usb comport settings it did not disconnect yet... I not sure the values in the usb comport are good ... looks like this;

Nouvelle image.jpg

Nothing unusual is running on my PC either ... Why would it suddenly be a timing issue ??? Devantech adapter failure? usb port failure ? I will try plugin the usb cable in another port just to test it ...

Thx!

Bleco
  5. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    Depending on how your wires are ran, and what type of wire you are using... it's possible that you could break a few strands of copper if you have the wire tied down such that it is constantly flexing.
  6. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Maybe... I am confused ...

I set everything back to timing 1-0-100 and connected the usb cable in another usb port and I had no more issues as well ... I did not test very long also with both configs ... usually the poblem started right away...

I will verify the data cable extremities, thx for your advices. Going to sleep now ...

Bleco
  7. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sirnoname,

- The driver is up to date

- The comport settings in the screen shot is different because it's not possible to choose values other than multiple of 100 (100-200-300...) so I could not set it to 120. I always used 1-0-100 in both Profiler and Comport settings in the past without issues.

- The four hardware boxes were never checked.

- When I have the problem, both actuators are listed in the main interface page but only the right one is listed and selectable in the drop down list in the scn5 setting page. After a HW scan both get back in the drop down list.

- I will try these values 3-0-100 tonight as soon as I get home and will make some other screen shots if the problem reoccur. I will aslo verify the data cable connexions extremities as sugested by Bernard.

Thx for your input!

Bleco
  8. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ho sorry, I did not read correctly ...

I will do it tonight and repost

thx!

Bleco
  9. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

The issue only occured 1 time yerterday using 3-0-100 timing. The hardware check boxes were not checked at that time however ... I am having poor actuator performance with these values also... I get better results with 1-0-100 and it was always very stable until I began having the problem.

I will do more testing over the week-end ...

Here is a shot of the interface page and scn5 advanced settings page when the problem occurs... Both actuators are listed in the main interface page but only 1 in the scn5 advanced settings page:

Actuator missing.jpg

Thx!

Bleco
  10. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well I guess my issue is now resolved or at least I have a very good workaround!

I got other disconnexion problems with the devantech adapters after trying all sort of timing settings, reinstalling, upgrading the drivers etc...

So I finally got tired and changed my setup ... I am now running the Profiler on a separate older PC with very cheaps RS232 to serial adapters and I am now having much more actuators response and no disconnexions at all after 5 hours of testing. Outputs per seconds reached 265 in the Profiler with 0-0-100 timing values...

I will stick to this!

Bleco
  11. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm glad you finally found a scenario that works for you.

Like I mentioned before, I had reliability issues with all the off-the-shelf adapters, which is why I went through the trouble to create the SX-3000.
  12. bleco

IT Problem Coordinator
    Balance:
    258Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Your Sx-3000 might be an interresting option if I have other issues my new setup.

Thx!

Bleco