1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

looking for sponsoring the x-simulator.de site and hosting

Discussion in 'Forum and Website' started by RaceRay, Aug 31, 2011.

1. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Dear X-Simer, :)

the x-sim server is offline from time to time, i am sure you noticed that.

Our small virtual server is not able to handle all the user requests and exceeded memory and cpu limits. As a result the server processes are killed.
    I am noticed about that event by another server who check the uptime of x-sim and then i start the server manually, again and again at least five times a day, even from my mobile telephone when i am under way. That´s not a real solution for that issue, as it means a lot of work for me and i am never be able to react immediately when the server hangs again.

A few month ago i rented a large dedicated server which was more than enough sufficiant for our community, but i had to cancel it because the sponsor retracted.
    I am not able to handle the costs any longer and ask for some monthly donations to insure the availability of that community. Otherwise i can not guarantee that x-sim will be offline for longer.

I want to emphasize that my request is only for costs for website and server, NOT for the x-sim software. If you want to support the x-sim software please apply your request to sirnoname.

Thanks all for your help!

Liebe X-Simer, :)

wie Ihr sicherlich schon mitbekommen habt ist unsere Seite öfters mal offline und kurz darauf wieder verfügbar. Das liegt daran, dass unser virtueller Server die Besucher-Anfragen nicht bewältigen kann, Speicher und Prozessorlimits überschritten werden und die Server Prozesse gekillt werden. Darüber werde ich von einem anderen Überwachungsserver relativ zeitnah unterrichtet, und starte den Server dann jedesmal manuell neu. Das mache ich mittlerweile mindestens fünfmal am Tag, sogar wenn ich unterwegs bin vom Handy aus. Leider kann ich nicht immer sofort reagieren und der Server bleibt somit dann auch mal länger als ein paar Minuten offline.

Vor einigen Monaten hatte ich aufgrund der Zusage der finanziellen Unterstützung schonmal einen grösseren Server gemietet. Leider ist der Sponsor dann ausgestiegen und ich musste den Server somit kündigen. Gerne würde ich den Schritt erneut angehen und frage daher ganz direkt ob es jemanden gibt, der sich finanziell an den Serverkosten mitbeteiligen möchte? Aus dem anfänglichen Hobby ist für mich ein teurer Spass geworden, den ich leider nicht mehr alleine tragen kann. Wenn gewünscht gibt´s auch einen sponsored by verweis auf eure webseite oder ähnliches.

Ich möchte betonen, dass jegliches sponsoring nur für die hosting und serverkosten eingesetzt wird, und nichts mit der x-sim software zu tun hat. Bei Fragen zur Unterstützung der Software wendet Euch bitte an sirnoname.

Ich danke allen für die Hilfe.

Beste Grüße
    René
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: looking for sponsoring the x-sim website and hosting

give me some paypal details and I will donate $10 per month to start. I am stretched as is but this may be something.
  3. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Dear bsft,

thank you very much. Every buck is welcome :)

I send you paypal mailaddress via pm.

All the best
    René
  4. Kimmo

Kimmo New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Please send your paypal information for me too.

Also, if you could provide requirements for the web hosting service needed, we could look if we can find cheap (or even free!) hosting service from somewhere?

Kimmo
  5. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no messages yet....
  6. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I send it to you via pm again. Thank you all for participating :)
  7. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    got it and done. :)
  8. rafael_design

rafael_design Member

CGI Architectural Visualizations with Blender 3D
    Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +19 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Please send the paypal to me too :highfive:
  9. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    sorry guys if virtual servers is running of ya own internet, i will not pay for your personal internet. sorry for being blunt.
    Come on guys there several free forumn hosting companies out there , i use one myself.
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough on that point earorobbie, yes there are many free hosting sites, and its up to them to find a suitable one. For the time being I am happy to donate to running the site until a more suitable arrangement can be found.
    :hi:
  11. el_txus

el_txus Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Please send the paypal to me too
  12. mboRacing

mboRacing Member Gold Contributor

Automatiker
    Balance:
    - 131Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hallo Raceray

Wäre es nicht möglich ein Donate Button auf der Startseite einzurichten, welcher dann zu einer einfachen Seite linkt, auf welcher zu sehen ist wieviel Geld für den betreffenden Monat noch fehlt und natürlich die Paypal geschickte linkt? Ich denke es sind viele Members gerne bereit die Serverkosten mitzutragen, und wenn ein Pölsterchen vorhanden ist kann man die Seite ja auch auf nen offiziellen Web Server verfrachten...
    Ansonsten kannste mir auch gerne die Daten für ne Paypal Überweisung senden

Cheerio

Martin
  13. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ofcourse there are free forum hosting companies out here:

There are some reasons, why it is unworthy of discussion:

1) There is no way to migrate all our content incl., pictures, videos, etc. to a free company based provider
    2) The free providers are full of banners and advertisements
    3) No one guarantees that the forum will be reachable all the time or that no data will be lost due to any technical fault of the provider - I make regular complete backups.
    3) Our forum is top listed and ranked at google, because there are many SEO improvements we did. If we should migrate to a third party provider, all of them is lost.
    4) No one force you to donate for anything, you are absolutely free in your decision to support x-sim or not.
  14. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Martin,

it would be possible to publish a donate button but at the present time suche a button whould be inconsistantly with the agreement of the x-sim software. Maybe to a later time.
  15. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi Martin,

as i already wrote. I moved back to the old server when the sponsor backdracked. So, the forum search function does not work properly because of the old virtual memory size limits. Problem is solved, when the forum will be moved permanently!
    Not the space for download section or any attachments, pictures etc. is the real problem.
    You forget that we have a lot of only-reader which exceeds the memory and maximum connections limits.
    But you could be right with the thank mod...i will test if it could be the reason for some memory limits.

Martin, thanks for watching that topic :)
  16. prosimu

prosimu Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    - 870Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -1
    Hi Raceray,

In order to be clear with all, i think it could be interresting to do like this website (at the left of the website):

http://www.france-simulation.com/index.php?op=edito

After this, all people will know the cost of the server and the money done and need to be done....

Patrick
  17. RaceRay

Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Dear Patrick,

thanks for the suggestion. It´s a good idea, because transprancy to the sponsors is given.
    I think i will create a similar donate button, when the right time has come :)