1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Long Time reader 1st Build ( 6DOF )

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by Brett Loxton, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Brett Loxton

Brett Loxton New Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So as the title says, been hanging around along time and now my Im ready for my first build. Now Im going to be diving straight into the deep end and build a 6dof as Ive been quite impressed with the performance of @SeatTime and @SilentChill builds and would like to do something similar. I do have a series of questions and will definitely need some help along the way.

After browsing through some parts I have decided to go with servo drives instead of straight dc motors as it will be more cost effective. (The servos will cost a similar amount to dc once you factor in all the parts and shipping costs) So my first 2 questions are going to be for @Thanos regarding his AMC-AASD15A servo motion controller and if it will work with these motor and driver?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...2700.7735675.normalList.66.37fa6eaeIxgOag&s=p

My next question is with the torque of these servo motors being greater than the dc motors in those builds will I be better of using a 1610 ballscrew instead of a 1605 as the rpm on them is also a bit lower?

Also if anyone, especially those Ive tagged, have any suggestions/input otherwise Id like to hear it as I need to try keep this to a rough budget but I also dont want to do something that might be counter productive to getting this thing up and running or something that may cause me issues down the line. I much prefer driving my rig than working on it, lol.

I should also add that I pretty much only race in iracing so if there are any issues on that title that anyone might be aware of Id like to know also.

Thanks in advance and cant wait to get this done. (pic of my rig currently)
    Brett
    my rig.jpg

2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,699Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    I can't see anywhere on the link you provided the model of the servo drive. Therefore I cannot comment if its compatible with the AMC-AASD15A servo controller... if you can contact the seller for information about the model and manual of the drive I can look if its compatible and what changes in wiring or parameters it needs.

I'd recommend the AASD-15A servos even if they cost $50 more, as they are well documented and they are plug and play with off the shelve DB25 cables to the AMC-AASD15A... having these cables ready takes off a load of effort making these cables by yourself...

Not to mention that you can power the AASD-15A servos from 110v too if you like (most servos are 220v only)

Thanks
    Thanos
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019