1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Logitech G27 announced

Discussion in 'News' started by Skaut69, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not many changes compare to the old one (G25). Still no handbreak, wheel increase only 10 mm, same design (which is good) and rpm indicator LEDs (thats very good). There are also some changes to force feedback system.

Take look here:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gamin ... 4&cl=US,EN

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,6927 ... uros/News/
  2. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. ebinary

ebinary New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Good price is all what you need (G25 is cheaper).

Like i said - it is not many new things in new one. Rpm indicator, more buttons and new force feedback system. Sounds good enough - but !
    You can buy additional rpm indic. which is bigger (better seen) and nicer. Usually you are keep yours wheel lower than screen and to see those LEDs you have to take a look from really different angle and change your eyes focuses - what means distraction !
    I think you will never use a half of this buttons or advantages of small design changes. Only one feature is worth to consider - that new force process. Soon we will see how good is that new one, because i think that old one is good enough and it is too soon for Logitech to make any Big differences - something like filling of spinning wheels when you loosing grip (maybe next one in the next year).

You know Eric.....those prices of G25 will go down.....thats maybe only one Grrr...
  5. ebinary

ebinary New Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of helical gears - quiet and long lasting... That said, the G25 has been considered pretty bullet-proof rig, and the noise is maybe part of the enjoyment...

So... 8)

Attached Files:

6. fermevc

fermevc Member

Networking and telecomunication
    Balance:
    5,956Coins
    Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    @skaut69
    The moment the new G27 was announced, in all shops around me (Belgrade, Serbia) prices for G25 went up 30-40%.
    I don`t know what`s going on, but I think it have something to do with traders logic, grab as much profit as you can!
    So Eric, nothing to be sorry for, be happy that you live in normal part of world, and I will wait to see the prices for G27, and then decide what to buy.
  7. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they thinking about people who are going to buy new one but they can not really say what is different and will get old one anyway (looks almost the same, name sounds pretty close). That what i want to say is: they did not change much. One more time: STILL NO HANDBRAKE !!!

Old one cost in UK - 143 Euro (125 £).
  8. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I am wondering about Frex`s SimWheel. Can someone compare them both - or maybe there is nothing to compare (different classes).
  9. njracer

njracer Member

Balance:
    2Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Skaut69, i was using a g25 before and now i use a simwheel. they are really in another class. the simwheel is miles and miles better then the g25 in every regard. the wheel is silky smooth. the ffb CAN be so strong you can't turn the wheel. the effects feel absolutely amazing, it really feels like there is suspension on the other end of this thing. the wheel is 1080 degrees of rotation.

with the g25, the effects kinda get washed out due to the rough nature of the g25, there's a lot of grinding going on there. with the simwheel that is absolutely gone. the effects are butter smooth, the wheel is butter smooth. the way the effects feel on the g25 can't really be compared to the simwheel, again, on another level, the feedback from the g25 is rough, kinda notchy if you will whereas the simwheel, curbs feel like they have depth, almost like you feel the tire lifting up and going over it. its really crazy how nice this wheel is. had it for 7 months now and still love it and grin when i use it, its just really incredible.

imho, if you can afford it, you will love it. mine as well get something professional quality that will last you forever and is simply put, amazing rather then going through and buying them cheap plastic logitech wheels. don't get me wrong here, the logitech stuff is nice, but not in the same price bracket or class. the simwheel will not make you any faster then someone using a g25 or even a momo, but the effects will take the sim to a new level of realism.
  10. Skaut69

Skaut69 Member

Balance:
    335Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks njracer. That is what i was looking for. Great point of view on this compare.
    I think that everybody are going to get his Simulation as real as hi can get - thats why SimWheel is one of those steps forward.

To be more specific about steps for you to take.....

G25 - 125 £ (206 $)
    SimWheel - 1000 £ (1650 $)