1. This Software is no longer supported by us. Please download the new motion control software SimTools.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  4. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  5. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Loading a Different Profile

Discussion in 'Force-Profiler Simulator Control' started by bvillersjr, Dec 27, 2008.

1. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    I'm trying to assemble some kind of a menuing system that will mnake it easy for my dad and his race car driving friends (who are not very PC savy) to be able to use a X-Sim based simulator.

My ultimate goal is to be able to give them a single button that they can click for rFactor, Race07, GTR2, GTRE, etc.. I am able to accomplish most of this by having the sender launch a profile. My problem is that once they return from the game to the menu, I cannot figure out how to get Profiler 2 to load a different profile. It acts like it did, (the spinning wait prompt) but it never actually loads the new profile when I double click on it.

Also, Is the rn2 file loaded once at startup and kept in memory? I assume that I cannot make on the fly edits to it?

Is there some way to accomplish this? Maybe some command line parameters that I am missing to get Profiler 2 to load a different profile without having to exit it and recalibrate the SCN5's? This re-calibration means getting out of the seat each time you change profiles, which is kind of a nuisance.
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,214Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,038 / 16 / -0
    It would be cool to be able to have some sort of xsim quick launch application. With one button game launching and profile loading. It would be neat if we could create “buttons” or a small graphic for each game. I picture a really simple layout with a button for each game and an exit and load button at the bottom.

Quick mockup just for fun:

edit.jpg

Looks kind of like the wii menu - lol
    yobuddy
  3. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    This is along th e lines of what I am working on, except for I am creating a full menuing system where users can define their own button images, an associated mouse over video, background music, and most importantly an fsd, rn2 profile combination. I am not able to make further progress until either the fsd file is able to update the profiler with the contents of an rn2 file, or until their is some mechanism to tell the profiler to reload the contents of the registry. It seesm that currently, the math setup is saved to the registry on exit, but I have no way of telling it to reload it, if I have my menu system change it when a button is clicked.

I think in an earlier post, SirNoName said that he would build some kind of functionality into Profiler 2 that would allow ShellExecute calls to FSD files that would send the contents of an rn2 file to the profiler, but I may not have fully understood.