1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

K8055 + Sabertooth + Wiper motors

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by adbgg, Dec 19, 2010.

1. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the movement is the same as the graph stephane. I move the pot down and in the graph goes the same direction
  2. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So it's ok! What is your problem ?
  3. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    the 12V battery will be useful to prevent the ATX power supply is safekeeping because of peak amperage during sudden changes in direction of the motors
  4. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That the movement is only in the graph when i manually move the pot. I want to move them with the movement of the motor

Today I want to move up and down to the max and min jejej

P.D: sorry i read again my last post and i didn´t tell that i made it manually. Without movement of the motor
  5. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    what do you means by pot you talk about the slider 21 or the potentiometer ?
    When you move the slider 21 in the test panel, is the motor respond ?
  6. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    pot is the potenciometer. When i move the slider 21 in the testplugin the motor doesn´t respond, but i have seen an error in the configuration here
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/82 ... 100156.jpg
    In the output axis direct i have select K8055 analog Output 1 and now it works. When i move the slider 21 in testpanel the motor moves
    Here is a video (sorry the quality)
    http://youtu.be/68DUd_XS2yA

But now the next step is moving the motor and the pot as the same time and stop when the get the max and min position. I think this is more difficult
    How I make it?
  7. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    effectively there was an error between the analog and digital output! Sorry, I looked but not seen the error. Though I've recently been confronted with a member of my forum who had done exactly the same mistake!

I saw your picture where your potentiometer is connected to the motor shaft so what's the problem? it must turn at the seam time as the motor ! no ?
  8. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it doesn´t stop when reach the top and the bottom. Max and min in the potenciometers
  9. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    check the box invert reference input and do a test. I looked at your picture and I saw that there was an inversion of polarity of your potentiometer. Current real value is greater than maximum. This is not normal. ;)
  10. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I changed that value and now max is the top of the pot and min is the bottom. I have quit and put invert reference input and nothing. It din´t stop the motor. Do you make the test in testplug or in other side?. I´m thinking than in testpage we are saying the motor to move one or other direction but nothing that make top up and down (only stops with slider in the middle)? or this is the job the config of max and min in the other part of x-sim program.
    I don´t know really what is happening
  11. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just take the test. the slider represents the position of the motor. If the slider is positioned at the top, the engine must be in the up position. If the slider is in the down position the engine must be down and when the slider is in the center position the engine must be in the center position.
    check your wiring, is that the potentiometer is connected to the correct input of your card Velleman? can you make a video of the Velleman demo program showing that when you operates an analog output1, analog input 1 is moving at the same time?
  12. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is the video. Sorry but I have to hold on with one hand the pot because it s not fixed yet and with the other move the touchpad and record the video XD
    http://youtu.be/lFTcxWRMSl0

I think something it´s wrong of what have you said
  13. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i don't understand the problem! all seams to be ok!
  14. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    one question. When in calibration I put the pot to max and min position i have do it with the motor, but which parameter tells the motor this is your position?
  15. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would have to see all the programming to see what's the problem
  16. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    abdgg had this problem in the second page of the forum. Help abdgg!!! jejeje
  17. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes you have to do it with the motor! motor and potentiometer need to be assembled. try to do a better fixation even if it is temporary
  18. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand, you have not configured 2-speed
  19. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you must have 2 speed! one slow and one fast!
  20. malpar

malpar New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok but there are 2 different things aren´t they?

One i have to make 2 speeds, but i was testing with one to proob and them create the other.
    But the other thing it is that the calibration with both parts (motor and pot)

Tomorrow i have work ;)