1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

K8055 + Sabertooth + Wiper motors

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by adbgg, Dec 19, 2010.

1. delumerlino

delumerlino New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do someone have tested it with Richard Burns Rally?
    Thanks a lot,
    Andrea
  2. DannyT

DannyT Rider

Balance:
    219Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello,

just one question. As the poti has a bad feedback to the K8055, I managed to connect the poti direct to the IC3 as mentioned often here in the forum. Unfortunely, after removing the IC1 the power supply to the DAC1/2 output fails. How can I manage to have power on the analoge outputs without the IC1??

Highly appreciate any help :sos:

Danny
  3. DannyT

DannyT Rider

Balance:
    219Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Okay, to everyone who have the same problem: In order to keep the analog output alive after connecting the potis to the IC3 directly, you have to bent over (or remove) pin 1 + 7 of IC1 and push it in IC1 again..
  4. Aproxx

Aproxx New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi zusammen
    ich bin auch ein sim racing fan und arbeite mich gerade in die materie ein, weil mich die sache so begeistert hat und so ein ich will auch haben effekt auslöste.
    evtl werde ich mir so was, was auf diesem thread aufbaut, nachbauen.

diese motorsteuerung, gibt es die auch in deutschland? oder eine alternative, die in deutschland hergestellt wird?

achso, ich suche schon seit gestern nach ner deutschen faq. wo finde ich die denn? (also was mehr die hardware angeht.)
    Danke, und ich hoffe es ist ok, das ich mal in deutsch nachfrage ;)

gruß
    Mario
  5. Menix

Menix Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    99Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi all
    I tried the same configuration
    but unfortunetaly i changed b+ and b- at my sabertooth 2x25 so i think i destroyed the mosfets because
    the motors spin only in 1 direction.
    no errors on the board.
    tryed with poti and k8055
    no chance to reverse direction only with change motorcables

update
    there is only motor 2 who runs only 1 direction
    motor 1 works correctly.
    i have the sabertooth 2x25 V2
  6. supermodfan

supermodfan 2DOF Wheelchair motors

Electronics Field Service Technician
    Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor
    I have been following this post for some time and after building a test bed from Tim's dual relay, I decided to go with the Sabertooth, I am stuck at the yo-yo phase nd using 2 speeds just isn't enough to solve the problem. The motors still do a run away, but that will be cured with some limit switches. It has been a frustrating 8 hours but I am sure it will be an even longer night in New York trying to get this thing worked out...

[​IMG]
  7. libory

libory New Member

Balance:
    - 19Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I don't know if this is going to help about the yo-yo problem but it worked for me and now I don't have to use 2 speeds as never worked for me. Try to setup your motors with dinamic speed with this settings:

[​IMG]

The speed of the motors you want to go is set up with the dynamic slider. The more percent the faster your motors will go. 0% your motors won't move, to decide the direction of the motor just move to the left or to the right. Left it might go in positive direction or up and right it might go to negative direction or down it depends how you have setup your motor cables. It is very important to keep the slider on the bottom at %50 or you will get that annoying yoyo problem. I hope this helps.
  8. supermodfan

supermodfan 2DOF Wheelchair motors

Electronics Field Service Technician
    Balance:
    296Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor
    WOW Thank you so much libary, I had tried the Dynamic speed settings with all sorts of different numbers not knowing exactly where to position the sliders and I had runaways and and the same herky jerky motions, but with it set just like you have posted the sim works PERFECTLY! I will attempt to get some video of it today, and then comes the fun of the profile hahaha. Again, thank you so much!
  9. adbgg

adbgg Member

Balance:
    132Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi libory / supermodfan,

Do you mean that the dynamic speed really works ? I'm not able to try since I have put everything in a box (all my materials, cards, motors, ...) 6 months ago.
    I had no time the last 6 months to work on that project, even if I have everything to build the frame. But not enough time (business, family) :)
    If the configuration of dynamic speed you give in the above message really works, I will put a link in the first page of this post.

Thanks you libory / supermodfan,
    Thanks you to all people how contributes and are involved in this post, because I'm not able to continue on this project anymore at the moment.
    Thanks to Stephane61.

Happy to see that this combination (K8055 + Sabertooth) encourage some people trying to build their own frame.

Bye
  10. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to you adbgg ! You gave the idea and I did just that follow in your footsteps.
  11. libory

libory New Member

Balance:
    - 19Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi adbgg.... yes it works.. and thanks to you I saw all your progress and I did mine simulator too :) With dynamic speed works very smooth... you should assemble again yours and give it a try ;)
  12. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Hello to all
    I apologize for any errors in translation made by google ... unfortunately I do not speak English.

Adbgg Congratulations :cheers: for your project and guide you did! I've done venine want you to build a simulator, and much that we thought but I never started ... now that I found this wonderful forum and your help I finally put to work. I state that the beginner but I am sure that with your help we can build it.

First problem, and the purchase of K8055 velleiman since there are various models I would not go wrong buying ...
    I found this:
    K8055N
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And this: VM110N
    [​IMG]

Which one is good? the last N I convence .....

And this The Sabertooth 2X12 and 'the ideal choice for small robot propulsion differential control 2 motors 12A.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance ;D
  13. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They are the same card, except that the K8055 is supplied loose while for the VM110, all components are already welded. For Sabertooth, the 2x12A is a good choice
    ( je ne sais pas si tu es français mais si c'est le cas, voilà la traduction: Ce sont les mêmes cartes à la différence que la K8055 n'est pas livrée montée alors que pour la VM110, les composants sont déjà soudés. pour la sabertooth, la 2X12A est un bon choix.)
  14. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hello and thanks for the answer! (I'm Italian)

Ok then proceed to the purchase of VM110N and Sabertooth 2X12A :thbup:
    The only question that I and the (N) Final ..... What does it mean? because they are seeing on the forums and on youtube else is not the N :?
  15. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I feel as Version N is a simplified version. No LED etc ... but I'm not sure
  16. JimmyT

JimmyT New Member

Balance:
    477Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In the tutorial on the front page of this thread It talks about force sender. I have x-sim ver 3 free version and extractor and can't find the force sender so can't use test tablet to test the motor without using a pre defined profile. I have not set up the hardware yet but tried to find all the software to see how this works before I spend my money. Can someone tell me how to open Force Sender
    Thank you in advance.

By the way, I have found this thread most helpful and will most likely get started on a motion sim using this setup in the next few weeks. Thank you to all the contributors.
  17. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    in version 3, Force Sender is now named Extractor. I can not explain its setting because I just installed it and now I can not save my profiles. I'm not sure but I understand the need to buy a license to save profiles.
  18. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You can save profiles, do it exactly the same way as ver2, go to profiles - save - ....... easy. You do not need a licence to save profiles
  19. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok then, expect that someone gives me the certainty that the (N) does not imply the final function of what I do ;D

thanks
  20. stephane-d.61

stephane-d.61 New Member

Balance:
    341Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I searched in the site of Velleman. The K8055N version is a new version of the K8055. But I advise you to take the VM110N because it is the already built version. Otherwise you will have to weld components.