1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

k8055+sabertooth+2dof winch motors

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by caiubbo84, Apr 6, 2012.

1. furlo88

furlo88 Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ciao -kevin- !!! sono proprio curioso di vedere le foto del progetto finito, e leggendo ciò che hai appena scritto mi è venuta più voglia ancora di costruilrla :) ...
    spero in una tua guida perchè sono ancora in alto mare . sta sera ho fatto dei test con l alimentatore che ho da 650W , poi ho ordinato sabertooth e alimentatore 12C 30 A . mi è arrivata oggi la K8055 e con mio dispiacere ho preso quella da assemblare :((( adesso cerco una soluzione ... il motore dell' alzavetri non va bene sono obbligato a trovarne uno del tergicristalli .. sspetto con ansia la tua guida :yippiee:

-Kevin-Hello! are curious to see pictures of the finished project, and reading what you just wrote I got even more desire costruilrla :) ...
    I hope for your help because I'm still on the high seas. tonight I did some testing with the 650W power supply that I have, then I ordered Sabertooth 12C and 30 A power supply. I came today with my K8055 and regret that I took that to be assembled: (((look for a solution ... now the engine of the 'Window closing is not good I have to find one of the wipers .. sspetto forward to your guide: yippiee:
  2. nota

nota New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ciao kevin,
    sono contento che tu abbia finito :clap: e non vedo l'ora di vedere la tua creazione...le premesse erano di tutto rispetto.Immagino che tu abbia anche risolto i problemi di settaggio del software!A me deve ancora arrivare il sabertooth ma ho già i motori e la k8055 la cosa che però manca di più è il tempo...ti faccio solo un'altra domanda prima dicominciare la costruzione vera e propria della postazione:
    I motori per come li hai posizionati te mi sembra lavorino sullo stesso asse o mi sbaglio?Caiubbo (al quale chiedo scusa per essermi intrufolato senza invito nel Post che riguarda il suo progetto) mi pare li abbia messi in modo che lavorino su 2 assi separati...mi sbaglio?Con il software si possono prevedere tutte e due le soluzioni?
    Vorrei saperlo prima di cominciare le varie saldature per la postazione anche perchè poi tornare in dietro non è cosa semplice!
    Grazie ancora e complimentoni....mi auguro dipoter fare a sportellate on line con voi tra breve!!!! :cheers:

Hello Kevin,
    I'm glad you've finished and I look forward to seeing your creation ... the premises were all rispetto.Immagino you have also solved the problems of setting the software! to me is yet to come but I have the Sabertooth engines and the K8055 but it misses most is the time ... i'll just dicominciare another application before the actual construction of the station:
    The engines have positioned them as it seems to me you are working on the same axis, or am I wrong? Caiubbo (to whom I apologize for having intruded without invitation in the Post regarding his project) I think has put them so they are working on 2 separate axes I'm wrong ...? With the software you may provide both solutions?
    I wish I knew before starting the various soldering station for even then turn back because it is not easy!
    Complimentoni .... Thanks again and I hope to do dipoter sportellate online with you soon!!
  3. furlo88

furlo88 Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ciao nota , volevo chiederti i motorini quali avevi preso ? e la K8055 dove l hai trovata ?
  4. furlo88

furlo88 Member

Balance:
    - 10Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello note, I wanted to ask where you took the scooters? K8055 and where you found it?
  5. nota

nota New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ciao,
    i motorini (tergicristallo non so di che macchina) li ho trovati al mercato dell'usato di torino....li ho pagati 5 euro e per fortuna funzionano tutti e due!li ho cercati in coppia così sono uguali da madificare e posizionare.La k8055 l'ho comprate quì http://www.futurashop.it/?gclid=CKiUvpu ... 3wode3MUog

Hello,
    scooters I found the second hand market in turin .... I've paid 5 euros and luckily they both work! I have searched in pairs so they are equal to madificare posizionare.La K8055 and I bought here http :/ / http://www.futurashop.it/?gclid=CKiUvpu ... 3wode3MUog
  6. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Ciao ragazzi

Scusate se rispondo in ritardo ma ero preso ad aprire il post del mio sim

E grazie dei complimenti :cheers:

@Nota
    I motori li puoi mettere come vuoi tanto con x-sim cè l'opzione inverti assi vai tranquillo :thbup:

@furlo88
    Ti consiglio per non sbagliare gli acquisti di leggere più possibile se no butti via soldi ho aperto un post del mio sim blue-sim-racing-2dof-viper-motor-k8055-sabertooth-2x12-t3898.html e cercherò di spiegare il meglio possibile proprio per evitare acquisti sbagliati.... ;)

Comunque non è difficile assemblare la scheda se non sei pratico di saldature allora rivolgiti a qualche radiotecnico

Hello boys

Sorry if I reply late but I was taken to open the post of my sim

And thanks for the compliment: cheers:

@ Note
    The motors can put them as you like so much else with x-sim option Invert axes vai quiet :thbup:

@ furlo88
    I advise you to avoid mistakes purchases can read more if not throw away money, I opened a post of my sim blue-sim-racing-2dof-viper-motor-k8055 -Sabertooth-2x12-t3898.html and I'll try to explain as best as possible just to avoid buying the wrong .... ;)

However it is not difficult to assemble the card if you are not familiar with soldering then ask a few radio engineer
  7. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    hello,
    I focus my card VM110 and Saber.
    For PIP:
    why only check the first box of PID (on the screen of the first page)?
    how to adjust the values​​?
    Have you a simple method?

I have an oscillation on the position, I can not find a good setting
    thank you
  8. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi riton,

I had the same problem, i changed the pot, the alimetation of pot, and the cable, and now all is perfect. :)

Regards
  9. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    hum...ok, but i test with the same config: motor/pot:power supply with the Pololu JRK12V12 and it's different:
    Pololu:
    http://youtu.be/oTnyoafO6xw

and VM110/SABER:
    http://youtu.be/m2Wam3VY0-U
    i have another problem:
    when the setpoint is exceeded, the engine is running without stopping

then the value of potentiometer is completely false and disorderly
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Different control boards will have different ways to set them up as you have found out.
    The JRK has a feature that when it goes out of feedback range the motor stops. But you have to enable and latch it in the error tab.
    As far as I know the K8055 , you will have to put some limit switches on the frame to stop this overshoot when you go out of feedback range.
    I just noticed something with the videos, disable the antivirus, it may help the overall running of x-sim. Granted I use Norton, but I found other free antivirus can cause issues with x-sim.
    Cheers, David.
  11. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    I tried with no antivirus, nothing changes in my case.
    the problem looks like a problem of PID ...
    I can not find a PID control that changes something.
    which I do, the PID values ​​seems to have no effect.
  12. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi riton,

if you setup the sabertooth in rc mode it stop to work if there are a signal lost, this is writen in the user manual that you can find online, for pot i used a 10 turns to have a batter resolution and the problem is solved for this, another good tip is to use the ful range of the pot to have the minimal percentual error, for this i made a gear home made on my winch.

Now i have not much time to spend in my project but i'll implement a 4 dof sistem with grip loss!

regards.

a Question to all: what kind of interface to have a 4 analog output/input?

2x k8055 or ardurino or another?

thanks!
  13. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just an word in here, I believe you will need to use the spider plug in to get a true 4dof.
    No I do not know how it works.
  14. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Great BSFT!! nice idea to put the stop as I did not think about it ..... :clap:
    Now I understand even the higher price of jrk cards are best ...

@ Caiubbo meanwhile welcome back you were gone? :hi:

It may be that I say bullshit but the K8055 has digital outputs and if I remember correctly a user has set the relay and then the board has 8 outputs ....

I do not know if it works for you, help your business I found this video 3d ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0r9gMfmAs&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Hello
    Kevin
  15. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That could work, although , I think perhaps you would be best using decent sized motors on the rear and not actuators. The angle changes as the seat moves back and forth and motors are more forgiving in angle change than actuators.
  16. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    You say that the viper motor are not going well? because I was planning to do a similar thing a few years a sim 4-dof using my current editing it and adding another in the basic structure with a central bearing and spring return for the loss of grip ... you like engines would you recommend?

ah the video shows a central engine that pushes the seat forward and back but I do not understand what is the :?
  17. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello , I never said wiper motors wouldnt work, I was referring to SCN5,6 Actuators, as some people seem to prefer them. Its just a warning more than anything else.
    Wiper motors should be fine moving all points on the structure as the video shows.
    If you want to try bigger dc motors, I use these http://www.motiondynamics.com.au/worm-d ... orque.html and some other members here have used similar . The motors are from a golf trolley, so you may be able to find something like it around.
    I should mention that for control boards, I have not used the K8055, so I cannot advise on that.
    Cheers, David.
  18. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Good morning to all,

Here is a immage for my new 10 turns pot and my homemade gears, very accurate movment now and correct position! I love that 8)

[img600px]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/52/foto1ylu.jpg[/img600px] By caiubbo84 at 2012-06-03
  19. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:

Oh ok I got hurt I apologize and translating English you can never tell a good story ...

The SCN5 would be great for that kind of project cost, however, is too well who has a good budget to spend

I took a look at that site you suggested and the engine sounds good and the prices are not so high

Thanks for the advice david :cheers:
  20. caiubbo84

caiubbo84 Member

Balance:
    240Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Any help for yoda2???

i can't read any value, i'm running win7 64bit, i think this is the problem!! thanks!