1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Just got my first WIN in iRacing!

Discussion in 'Virtual Racing League' started by Historiker, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Twisted

Twisted New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    55Coins
    Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Grats on the win
    I also enjoy Iracing regularly , mostly Skip Barber.

@mream
    I myself have done Rfactor in leaque format as well as public servers.
    The price is awesome, many mods , in leaque format the racing was clean.
    Physics could feel different depending on the mod (some where just not good)
    Tracks , wide availability of different one`s .

Though after jumping to Iracing there are several aspects what`s me keep coming back to it
    The online service is basicly amazing, If i want to do a race at a random day/ time there is always something going on and I can jump in and drive against people.
    Practice servers, I love to do some practice but rather with some people on the track then alone.
    I only got experience with outdoor karting , but the feeling of setting laptime`s in Iracing is the same as with karting. The feeling of the tracks is just perfect. where with other sims it felt more like a game.

Only the biggest problem of it all is the pricing model, it`s still expensive.
    Can`t even acces the forums if your subscription is over.
    They don`t have rain , don`t expect it coming over a few years or so.
    The graphics are not bad but not a pinacle of simracing.
  2. Tags..(VR)

Tags..(VR) Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    congrats. hope you win many more.
  3. Lesmore222

Lesmore222 Member

Balance:
    205Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Congrats on the win! As someone who has spent a good deal of money on iracing I am really glad to hear others enjoy it too and continue to support it. I have done all 4 core types of iracing (oval, oval dirt, road, dirt road). This does add up financially at first but once you purchase a bunch of stuff you then get a 20% off discount on anything else you purchase going forward. That was a huge turning point. Now I rarely have to buy anything since most of the tracks are used over again each season. I always used to say I would spend more money to not have to deal with hackers and all the intentional wrecking that goes on in the standard racing games. But most importantly due to the irating system I now get to race against people of my own skill level. Its not a perfect system but its the best I have found so far. I rarely get first place finishes so I decided to focus on getting top 5 finishes. This shift in my expectations has made it more enjoyable and in the end I can see by the irating system that the people I beat are truly all at my skill level. That makes getting 5th place out of 28 people feel more like a win. Hope to see you on the track!
  4. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,154 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Thanks Lesmore....that was six years ago though ;)
  5. Lesmore222

Lesmore222 Member

Balance:
    205Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Wow I am really sorry for that. I did not look at the dates as it was on the front page of the "virtual racing league" forum page so I assumed it was recent. Now looking at the other threads I can see that there is really no interest as most of the posts are ancient. Oh well I still remember my first win like it was yestereday. I won by about 12 inches at Oran Park in the Skippys!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. 김민혁

김민혁 Member

Balance:
    - 5Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    great! I am envious of having good skills. I try not to get retired