1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Just bought a HTC Vive and a GTX 1070 :-) Any VR motion sim racers want to say hi ?

Discussion in 'VR Headsets and Sim Gaming - Virtual Reality' started by PIM1, Mar 21, 2017.

1. PIM1

PIM1 VR Racer

Fitness Instructor
    Balance:
    160Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN6, Motion platform
    Hi guys, sorry didn't get back on as been busy with my motion platform :)

Thanks for people saying hello etc. Silent chill i would like to meet up on Assetto Corsa and have a race or two. Am i right in thinking you have a 6DOF sim ?. I think i subscribe to your YouTube channel. :)

My Steam name is VRPlayer
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2017
  2. PIM1

PIM1 VR Racer

Fitness Instructor
    Balance:
    160Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Noorbeast add me on steam VRPlayer :). Take a break from the forums and have a race or two ;-)
  3. PIM1

PIM1 VR Racer

Fitness Instructor
    Balance:
    160Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Agree 100% but i don't think i can go back to racing now without VR and motion has been the final missing piece, saying that i do miss my simvibe but we have Vibe coming in simtools 2.0 :) any update on that ?
  4. PIM1

PIM1 VR Racer

Fitness Instructor
    Balance:
    160Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Good to hear so maybe add me on steam VRPlayer :) no worries about lack of motion just might have to put up with me going on about whilst driving lol.
  5. PIM1

PIM1 VR Racer

Fitness Instructor
    Balance:
    160Coins
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Cool sounds good as Assetto Corsa does have a VR server at least once a week. Would be really cool to know everyone in the race has vr and motion. How do we do that ?
  6. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Hi matey
    You might find you can do racing in vr just not the room scale stuff they in my eyes are completely diffrent.
    Driving you can get used to driving and ween yourself into vr, also with the extra feedback you get can help cancel any motion sickness.
    But you can teach your brain in small amounts of vr time.
    I would buy a dk2 as they are very cheap atm also still very good.
    And try it in your own time if you can get used to it on your sim, just sell it you wont lose too much if anything.
  7. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I can only relate my experience but I'm another who can't go back to flat screens. Driving is just too amazing in VR with everything full size and being in the sim instead of watching it. It gets wild especially on starts, passing and being passed, or in close trail with other cars so close.

Now that the Vive Tracker is available, I'm on a quest for motion and a full on sim cockpit. Only have a shaker on my chair now and am adding wind, but motion with VR is the holy grail. So amazed with Silent Chill's platform and others I've seen.

But VR in racing is an experience like no other. It's something you just have to try. And for the chap who had it make him feel sick, so much depends on the computer. If the system you tried was dropping frames and not animating smooth, that can definitely do it. If that is happening, I can tell because it gets to me too. Maybe you just can't tolerate it, but if it was an underpowered computer, hopefully you can give it another shot on a better system. It really is amazing.
  8. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    791Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Abit on sim n vr.
    Was on the fly but you get the jists of it !

• Like Like x 2
  9. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,828Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,042 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Very nice! I've been trying to figure out if I should go two or three degrees to sort this stuff all out. So want VR and motion. :)
  10. That Dude There

That Dude There Member

Balance:
    430Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 1 / -0
    Sorry didn't mean to hijack thread. Started my own.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017