1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Joyrider (non-motorized) - newbie wanting to build

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by bill72pa, Jul 6, 2009.

1. bill72pa

bill72pa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So I've been debating on a good way to enter the flight sim motion hobby. Tronic's web page caught my eye and it's great that he's providing so much innovation to the hobby. I downloaded the plans for the joyrider from Acesim, but before I put the time into building it, I would like to hear some feedback on the non-motorized verision of the joyrider.

I can't find any videos of the non-motorized joyrider. It's either the dreamflyer or tronic's setup on youtube. If the joyrider handles similar to the dreamflyer I think I'd be happy for now. I would like to eventually motorize it in the future, but for now I want to keep it simple.

Are there any videos or forums or blogs out there relating to just the non-motorized joyrider? Acesim.com has pictures of people that built nice looking pieces, but I'm surprised I can't find any videos or discussions about it. Any suggestions where I can look? Any of you happily using a non-motorized joyrider?
  2. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The joyrider is based on the dreamflyer. Google dreamflyer and you will find all the videos you desire.
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  4. bill72pa

bill72pa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it's the other way around...the dreamflyer is based on the joyrider. Either way, I'm interested in people that have built the joyrider and I'm surprised there's no responses here.
  5. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi,

the reason why you don´t find any videos of non motorized joyriders here, is that we are a MOTION SIMULATOR community and not a bodybuilder community:D

Google is you friend:
    [lmgtfy]dreamflyer joyrider[/lmgtfy]

For motorized simulator related questions we try to help you here :hi:

best regards
    René
  6. bill72pa

bill72pa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, a lot of great responses here.

1) A motion simulator community? Well guess what...the joyrider simulates motion. The term motion simulator gives no indication whether the motion is produced via human muscle or an electric motor.

2) Google? I never thought to try that. Who woulda thought. And as I said in my first post...I don't care about the dreamflyer. Just the joyrider. If you can google joyrider and find any forums or in-depth info, then you're better than I.
  7. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,957 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Why don´t you wanna a build a motorized simulator? If you are able to build a joyrider without motors, than you are able to do it motorized as well. I dont see any advantages for a non motorized one.

Please don´t be annoyed about my post, it´s not personaly ment.

br
    René
  9. bill72pa

bill72pa New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's not that I don't want a motorized version. That is the long term goal. I was just curious about people's experiences with the basic non-motorized joyrider. Yes, I'm aware the non-motorized version will not simulate turbulence.

It seems that simply adding motors is not a straightforward process. If it was, there wouldn't be all the questions on this forum. I'm still looking for the easiest way to motorize that requires minimal amount of programming knowledge and trouble-shooting. Would the basic stamp 2 and HB-25 controllers be the easiest way? Or should I use the AVR 1.5a with RN-VN2 controllers? I want to know the easiest solution since I don't have a lot of electronics knowledge. Figured I could enjoy the basic joyrider until I figure out the electronics.