1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Introducing the Symdeck speed fans

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by levers, Feb 29, 2020.

1. levers

levers Active Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    975Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    Hi fellow sim racers.

We'd like to introduce to you a product which although is quite simple can add a lot to the immersion of sim racing. Our speed fans give you the impression of speed on either a static or motion sim as they vary in force depending on the speed of the car being driven.

They comprise of 2 fans which come supplied with double sided foam pads and cable ties and a control unit. Simply mount the fans, plug them into the control unit, plug that into the mains and connect it to the PC via the USB cable.

Operation is driven by the Game Dash software and we can provide profiles if necessary.

You can find them and other products on our web site.

https://symdeck.com/fans/

Thanks,

Levers

Attached Files:

• fans.jpg
      fans.jpg
      File size:
      541.5 KB
      Views:
  2. RacingMat

RacingMat Well-Known Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    20,901Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,084 / 21 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    would you mind sharing some specs about the fans:
    cfm?
    noise level? there is only a gif on your website, no video
  3. levers

Balance:
    975Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    Hi RacingMat,

Unfortunately I don't have the flow rate but they are rated at <45dB. With the 2 of them at full speed I'm glad I were glasses! Any more and it would start to distract from your driving. I'll see if I can add a video clip with sound to the web page but you won't hear them over the car noise so I will shoot a new clip with the game sound off.

Regards,

Levers
    • Like Like x 1
  4. levers

Balance:
    975Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0
    Sorry for the delay, I've added a short video showing the fans at full speed with audio so you can here how quiet they are.

The streamers are only to show the power of them!
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020