1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

iMotion Sim

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by Roadster2, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0
    Just come across this rig as I was running a search -http://www.imotionsim.com/Home.php

No pricing and the web counter is showing 214 so probably a new web site / new product.
    Update: - $4995

Interesting design in that they look to have crossed a Frex type 'seat shifter' with a Simcraft rig. Instead of having the pivot underneath the seat they have pivoted the seat cradle so the seat, pedals and monitor moves. Beefier looking actuators, possibly SCN6 units ? The actuators work in the same way that they do on a seat shifter rig whereas the Simcraft uses one actuator for pitch and the other for roll.
    Would probably be good with a static triple screen setup, also easing the load on the actuators.

Can't yet see from the videos how the third DOF is obtained.

Haven't seen a configuration like this before.
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0
    Hi David. I am seriously impressed by that video of your first rig. As per my recent posting on the Seat shaker design... Realistic for racers??? forum (thanks for your response) I am contemplating a D-Box type setup purely as it would be the most convenient way to add motion to my F1 cockpit - which hopefully I've linked to a photo of here -

[​IMG]

The cradle on yours is one of the lowest I have seen. I will look again at the space I have available as a design such as this could be another possible solution (and use less actuators). I'm thinking that the cradle could be made large enough for the whole cockpit to sit on.

Thanks
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats a a nice looking unit you have there
    You could build a frame for outside the current sim, you would have to design a frame inside as well to achieve the two pivot points. Thats for a joyrider style design sim.
    or if you are keen you could build a base for under neath with a pivot pint and make a 2DOF using some large dc motor. 12 volt boat winches would be the go to shift the whole thing.
  5. gtpratt

gtpratt New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I built the i Motion Sim. I just added the 3 DOF with three 3D monitors. Am still working on web site and will be adding video and pictures. Took it out to our local race track and let racers try it out! Got great feed back and everyone enjoyed it! I've made the ride as realistic as possible.

Attached Files:

6. gtpratt

gtpratt New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0