1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

I'm new here need help with MDBOX AMC

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by coolracer, Mar 2, 2021.

1. coolracer

coolracer New Member

Balance:
    - 98Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello, my name is Vitali I am a trained refrigeration system builder my passion is motor racing, I'm new here because I wrote very little and had other nicknames. So back then I built the first sim with a circuit board that you should solder yourself with wich motors then at some point built a simulator with andruino for my son but not quite finished, need other motors and have to convert that. I like racing cars back then I played NFS the first until it doesn't work :) and so far I like racing cars. But now I want to build a 4dof simulator I have had the parts lying around for a long time but haven't found the time for them.
    At this point I started with all electronics and found that I needed an AMC controller because without it I cannot (use) Simtool. I want to use 4 channel MDBOX driver. If anyone can help me where can I find something or how can I build something like this, I am very grateful for the help.
    Sorry for my english :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,700Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Sorry, I stopped production on AMC-MDBOX and AMC-NANO a year ago... effectively there is not much support from Syntron about MDBOX, and they often burn IGBTs...

Why not using AASD-15A servos instead and use the AMC-AASD15A controller instead? The AASD-15A servos are way more durable and accurate than MDBOX anyway, never burn!

https://www.thanos-motion.com/products/thanos-amc-controller-rgb-v1-4/
  3. coolracer

coolracer New Member

Balance:
    - 98Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, men, if one has something like that lying around and doesn't need it, I would like to buy it?
    I've got everything there, now it's not worth buying other components because it will cost a lot of money.
    Or I have to see how you can do it differently so that it works again with MDbox.
    Are there any other AMCs that I can use?
  4. Thanos

Thanos Building the Future one AC Servo at a time... or 6

Electronics Engineer
    Balance:
    2,700Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    I sent you PM... Maybe I can mashup something from spare parts I have stored...
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. James Schokman

James Schokman New Member

Balance:
    - 36Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    Hi. I have a nano on an mdbox too. What's is an igbt?

My nano has stopped talking to simtools. Is there a way to debug it out a user manual for it?