1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Tutorial How to write an Interface Plugin for SimTools 2.0 - API documentation

Discussion in 'Tutorials and Tips by the Developer' started by yobuddy, Jul 16, 2016.

1. zhai1987

zhai1987 Member

Balance:
    306Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, AC motor
    Hi, brother, does simtoools support MODBUS-RTU protocol?
  2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,910Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    An interface could be built around modbus-rtu, but if you did this, I believe the pc would be acting as the motion controller? If so, should the pc crash or something, the user could go for quite a ride lol.

I think a better approach would be to use, for example, an Arduino with a sketch that supports modbus-rtu.
    This way we have the safety of having an intelligent motion controller between the hardware and the PC.
    Take care,
    yobuddy
  3. Marc Fdx

Marc Fdx New Member

Balance:
    38Coins
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi @yobuddy

Any chance we can get our hands on a v3 interface plugin (and also axis plugin) source code soon? Or will you wait until v3 final is out?

Are there important modifications to make to upgrade from a v2 source code?
  4. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,910Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    @Marc Fdx,
    I need like a week to re-look them over (clean them up a bit) and give the beta a few days to see if we find any errors. PM me next week and I send them over.

They work much the same, there are some efficiency changes, but they will be pretty obvious when updating.
    I'm always around should you need help.

Take care,
    yobuddy