1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

How many bits in the Arduino PWM?

Discussion in 'Electronic and hardware generally' started by motiondynamics, Jun 8, 2021.

1. motiondynamics

motiondynamics Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,035Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, SimAxe, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hi everybody.
    I need to know something fundamental to build the electronics that best suit my needs. I have to use SimTools and Arduino Uno R3 to move my simulator.
    I need to know: how many bits does the PWM frequency of SMC3 v1.0, 8bit or 10bit have?
  2. Gadget999

Gadget999 Well-Known Member

Balance:
    11,610Coins
    Ratings:
    +458 / 9 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    I think there are 255 steps on a standard uno pwm

Its not a lot but combined with a fast pid loop it's good enough

What is more important is the resolution of your feedback position
  3. Tags..(VR)

Tags..(VR) Member

Balance:
    - 6Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Ive noticed that your using SMC3 ver. 1.0? is it more reliable then 1.1? im having a hard issue with data loss.
  4. motiondynamics

motiondynamics Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,035Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, AC motor, SimAxe, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Version 1.1?
    I have checked and the latest version is SMC3 v1.0

You maybe get confused with the "SMC3 utility" tools