1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Honda Accord Speedo and Techometer Hookup To Computer

Discussion in 'New users start here - FAQ' started by Shitel, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Shitel

Shitel New Member

Balance:
    329Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to the community and rigging car electronics to my PC. Long story short, my first car was a 1992 Honda Accord which totaled an M3 (not my fault). The only thing I was able to salvage was the the dashboard containing the speedo and techometer. I want to try and hook this up to my computer/ PS3 and G25 so that it behaves like it would in the real world. I think I've figured out I need a controller unit for the two to communicate but I dont know how to hook it up or the software I need. Is there a DIY for this on this website or someone who could help me out?

Thanks.
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ok first we need to determine what the motor is in the speedo and rpm gauge, if you know this then we should be able to build a simple circuit with an Ard Uno and control that with the Game Dash. This has been done before with a dash that we found had stepper motors in it for the analogue gauges.
    On another note it could be CAN based, sorry I normally try and hack past all that.
    So first steps is to find out what the motors are or if you want to go CAN based need to do some google research on the model. Believe Sparkfun sells a CAN based shield for the Ard UNO but not sure about it , have not actually used it before only read about it.
    Hope that opens some light on the subject.
  3. Shitel

Shitel New Member

Balance:
    329Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Sorry man I'm a huge noob. I took it all apart, can you direct me towards how I would find this? Thanks for your help!