1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Hexatechracing 6DOF

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by egoexpress, Jul 30, 2007.

1. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHMPs6naWnw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzfcKI_4Jt8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ayqzy3YPc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB1J4G3HW44

http://www.hexatechracing.com/
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
  3. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. valvil

valvil New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    $52,000, why so much i mean 6 motors of 3 hp are (cheap), mild iron, wealding, some nuts, connectors.

maybe i don't know any thing, can some one explain to me where does the price come from, maybe the program for the 6 axis to move.

i live in mexico and i know for sure that i can make one of those for $7,000 to $8,000 us dlls.
  5. Mambo

Mambo New Member

Balance:
    288Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well dont forget about electronic ! Servodriver for 3Hp AC motor arent CHEAP !
  6. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hey guys,

the costs of the electronic and mechanic is only a fractional amount of the total costs. Do not forget the time of development, specially the time of delevoping the very complex software which is needed for a 6DOF platform. Look at TronicGr or Planmix, most of their time they spent only in programming to control the actuators to get real simulation movements. After all, a motion platforms is not sold in quantities of thousands or millions like your toaster in your kitchen :D You have to calculate very well when you want to make succesful business.

With time and the help of a great community, i think you can do it, offcourse ;)
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgaT7xlBLAI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcZKIFJUbUs
  8. servosandsimulation

servosandsimulation New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you think that $52k for a 6 axis motion base is too much, please ask Moog and other their prices for motion bases. We at Servos and Simulation do the structure analysis for each base that we design so that it can be certified for a ride. They are each engineered and are not copied from another source nor are they backward engineered. Structural engineering is expensive!! The gearboxes are expensive. The drive amplifiers are expensive. The manual per customer costs money. Unlike alot of bases, the top is included and can be modified to the customer's liking. The computer and the software is not included in the price. If you look at what is out there and then look at our products, you will notice that most of it is a copy of our products. We have been in business for over 20 years building these systems. The competition (except for Moog) has not been in business as long. Taking into account the cost of the metal, the cost of the motors (you are off on the Hp by the way), the drive amplifiers, overhung load calculations, structure, wiring and manuals plus overhead - $52k is CHEAP for a motion base.

Sincerely,

R. Baker
    CEO / Engineering Dept
    Servos & Simualtion, Inc
  9. R-eng

R-eng Member

Balance:
    28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    R. Baker,

There are always people who do not understand the complexities involved in large, complex, and reliable engineering structures. And then there are many who have never run a business based upon products of any nature. Not all at this forum would disrespect your product(s), or their cost. Some just don't understand these things and furthermore think time is cheap, support and service as non-existent.

So take these things with some humor, after all, this is a diy community which attracts a much lower budget viewpoint, with unbound energy, patience, and time.

Since you have taken of your valuable time to look here, I would much rather you comment as a professional, upon the projects here. Their merits and downfalls...educate us, and provide some guidance from your extensive experience with these matters. We obviously pose no threat to your business model!

And I for one, would value your input.

R-eng
  10. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,837Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,958 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi R. Baker,

welcome to be part of our community!

I agree to R-eng, most of our members do not disrespect your products. Quite the opposite, the majority of us imagine to have a 6DOF Kingsize simulator on their own :) The existence of our community is the best proof for it.

We know that it needs a lot of engeneering knowHow and financial background, to develope a motion simulator, no matter if 2,3 or 6DOF simulator, but our DIY community try to achive similar motion effects with only a small budget for only private purposes. It´s not our concern to build in a professional manner, but we are grateful for every support and technical devices :)
    I understand that you felt constrained to make things clear, but i hope you would like to bring us valuable assistance hereafter. Although i assume you cannot arrange it with your business to keep us informed about some technical details :)
  11. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    @Baker

It was neither my or Tronicgr' intention to blame any of the previously mentioned manufacturers for their prices. We know that development, support, material and building of such platforms is very expensive. And at the end a company wants to earn some money for their efforts as well, for sure.

We just added laughing emoticons because the prices are that incredible out of our budget range unfortunatly, that we probably never will be able to afford such a 6DOF device. At least not as a commercial product.

Regards
    Christian
  12. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ Baker

I agree with Egoexpess. We are not laughing with your products, but with our lack or resources to purchase one of them. These 6DOF motion systems are clearly not for home use, to play simulation games with!! I have done lots of research on these actuators and their controllers and the price relatively cheap! I admit that!

But a smaller 6DOF system that could be used in home environment with less payload would be more interesting to some of us. Something in the range of $16000 - $20000 maybe... (Just the platform, motors and VFD's. The control computers, interfaces and software are useless to us... We can develop our own..!)

Best Regards, Thanos
  13. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    No, you may have misinterpreted the sentence. Ressources = money for motors, drivers, frame etc..

I fear 6 wiper motors may be too weak to move a rig on a platform including driver.

THAT is the point!

I agree that most of the commercial simulators have a lack of software/game support. Either they are just supporting an own coded simulation software, or they are just running on MS FS. Even those few manufacturers that support a very small selection of the current racing game titles are struggling with updates. XSim is definatly an advantage in comparance.
    But you should not mix up soft- and hardware! Though commercial manufacturers have their issues with game support, their hardware is built by engineers and very sophisticated in comparance to our self tinkered systems.

I disagree, as most customers, mainly professional customers, dont care much about game support anyway. They either want to use the platform for their own professional simulations, or simply want to use them just with MS FS or X-plane.
    And the common customer rather wants to buy a tested and reliable simulator in working condition, than tinkering them on their own for years...
    However, I think interfacing XSim would be a really big improvement for those commercial systems.
    So you should differentiate customer types, and not lump them all together! Those commercial simulators (on hardware side) make sense for sure! Though not that much for us DIY folks, due to their price and lack of game support...

regards