1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Help With Mechanics

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by wannabeaflyer, Aug 16, 2008.

1. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    970Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys . am building a Simforce GT type of 2DOF motion chair using Thano's Electronincs 8) and am today assembling the the chair & motor section just wanted to get some info on the actual movement required to give a decent G force feeling ... i mean the length of travel if you like of the actuator arm :sos: i think i read that the linear actutaotrs generally used have 100 to 200mm of movement, i need to calculate how long the motor arm needs to be to give the same amount of movement..my first test setup will be built around a car seat , Universal Joint and 2 electric whellchair motors with gearboxs .. will try and post a picture tommorow to show the progress so far so no laughing .. i have seen some simulators like electronjacks which only use a very short arm on the wiper motor but wondered how much movement this gave at the seat :uups: by the way did the project to build a stepper motor driven actuator stoP :(