1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Help! Sim flip flops half way thru 2 minute turn.

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by jsmith2307, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Joyrider, Motion platform
    Greetings to all, :)
    I've been building a JOYRIDER type of simultator with two wheelchair motors for propulsion, and a AVR 1.5 and 2 Pololu high-power motor drivers 24V20 to power them. Also I've been using Flight Simulator 2004 to get started. Right now, I've been working on the X axis. The problem is, that when I do a two minute turn, lets say to the left, half way through the turn the simulator changes 180 degrees and does a flip flop to the right, the same thing occurs to the right hand turn. I've done a number of things to try to remedy the situation...to no avail. What do you suggest? Any help is appreciated.
    jsmith2307

Attached Files:

2. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Greetings,
    I loaded up X-SIM3, just as you (Tronic) suggested. And I've got the same problem previously described. In addition I just lost communication between my computers (2) and the sever and the game suddenly ended. It took my hours to resolve. Is there no way to get this played offline?
    jsmith2307
  3. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a x acculation effect .have the Play Not a x Position effect?i mean it is better but iam Not a flight man.
  4. jsmith2307

jsmith2307 Member

Respiratory Therapist
    Balance:
    324Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Greetings, :)
    I'll look to see..., X Acceleration is what is listed. Effect #29 addr 31C0 X (lateral)Acceleration [FS2002+] is what I have been work with. I've been told it is better to work with Effect, one at a time.
    I think I have resolved the situation (thanks to Nima). I scanned the table of all exportable elements and found an obscure input called 057C /Bank /var.Type S32 it seems to do the trick. I wonder why that was not listed on the EFFECTS page on the Pete Dawson's FS Modules page, that would be the first one I would place on the page followed by pitch. But who am I, to question such things. Once again thank you NIMA!!!! :cheers:

jsmith2307