1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

hello guys where is buy this actuator ?

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by ziangel, Oct 13, 2009.

1. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello everybody, a member of this forum know it where is possible buy this actuator please ?

http://www.simcraft.com/star-3dof.html

the price is very, very, expensive, no ?

Thanks

Sorry for my english

Matthieu
  2. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    nobody ?
  3. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  5. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    you say, the movements are incorrect ?
  6. simcraft

simcraft New Member

Motion Simulator Builder
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, 4DOF
    Our current actuators have a max thrust of 95 pound-forces and travel at 8in/sec when loaded at 25lbf or less. Contact SimCraft with more specific questions since researching the best motion solution can be a daunting task.
  7. simcraft

simcraft New Member

Motion Simulator Builder
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, 4DOF
    The one video you reference with a child occupant is NOT published by SimCraft. Adult drivers tend to driver more smoothly than this video example, but if you want the Sim to jerk you around, turn up the motion on our custom settings and swerve all over the place.

There are many other examples of our simulator on our YouTube channel page; including some rather larger people from the BMW club event.
  8. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The simcraft is usable with snc5 or 6? with the same degrees of tilt and reaction, they may be better than those provided by simcraft?
  9. simcraft

simcraft New Member

Motion Simulator Builder
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, 4DOF
    Check the above specs, over 4 times the thrust of an SNC5 and 2 times the speed at loads less than than 7lbf. At over 7lbf, the SNC5 starts to loose response pretty quickly while our still perform at top speed past the SNC5 max thrust.
  10. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,541Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    Hi
    @ simcraft
    If you're whilling to make the best sim.
    Why did you chouse a joy ride type, you're saving mass intyria with a R&R type
    Futher i looked @ you're diy wooden frame ,and some picters blow my mind.
    Why a youre safety nuts wrongly used. :thbd:
    Are you missing basic knowledge ore bagging fore law seus
    regards AD
  11. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sirnoname, it's possible use scn5 with the sc-530 chassis then no more problem, you think ?
  12. simcraft

simcraft New Member

Motion Simulator Builder
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, 4DOF
    The SNC5 seems to go faster at low thrust loads under 20N (4.5lbf) which may work fine for lower force applications like seat movers. This post started on building a full motion sim and a 20N requirement is not a reasonable expectation.

Not afraid... The video is of one of our early models using slightly slower and weaker actuators. I was just pointing out that there are other videos with similar response with adult drivers, even very large adult drivers. There are also videos with different motion settings.

But video is a very poor way to communicate how a motion simulator feels, so we are left with other metrics. I will say that every person, like Marcelo Battistuzzi, who has experience driving multiple simulators (not to mention real racing) has told us that ours is the most immersive and compelling one they have driven. In Marcelo's case, his racing career retirement has become a driving simulation business.

Everyone is different, and I'm sure that many of the custom cockpits and seat movers built by X-Simmers go above and beyond what their commercial counterparts have to offer. For full motion, however, sim enthusiasts would have to shell out some serious money, we are offering the motion components of our architecture for those who are interested at the lowest price for full motion.

If you want full motion but don't want to spend the money for it you have two options; go with a lower force system like a seat mover or find, source, design, prototype, modify, and build your own solution.
  13. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oki it's difficult for me same with translator, thanks for your answer !

the scn6 it's same a little ?

it's possible buy the same actuator but with very low price ?
  14. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Scn5 actuators are the best. You can buy them from www.miraiintertech.com. The company is really good to me and kind and honest.
  15. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oki ! thanks but in enlgish it's difficult ^^ that's all !
  16. simcraft

simcraft New Member

Motion Simulator Builder
    Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, 4DOF
    Technology is always getting better... You can certainly buy yesterday's cutting edge tech at lower prices or find better tech tomorrow. I can't really control how our customers set the motion on their sim or what videos they publish. If they wanted to drive crash up derby will that mean that is all our sim can do? Of course not, all I wanted to provide was additional examples of the sim being driven properly.

Marcelo has not really raced competitively in almost nine years, I cited him as a simulation expert. I would have used a more contemporary driver like David Donohue to cite a race driver.

I did and still will concede that you can buy seat moving technology for a lower price, I'm talking about full motion. Yes you could probably build a full motion sim for less money; depending on how many dozens (or hundreds) of hours of research and work you want to do yourself and/or what performance you are willing to sacrifice by going with another option.

As stated previously (in the other thread), hardcore DIY people are probably going to try and roll their own solution and be mostly satisfied with the results and then work some more on improving the design. That's the nature of DIY, an arena we are very familiar with. We feel SimCraft STAR offers a middle ground solution by providing the hard parts for controlling our actuators (with less than 1ms from instruction execution to motion enacted), mounting the actuators in a way they don't chatter or flex, and rotating the chassis with a proven architecture.

We would even like to become X-Sim compatible in the future, at least using X-Sim compatible motion profiles since this community has the top tier in the motion technology community.

Michael
  17. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Everyone commerical folks want to be x-sim compatible. If you can't win , join them :)
    X-SIM = Number one!
  18. ziangel

ziangel New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oki, the simcraft chassis SC-530 + X-SIM + 3 SCN6 actuator it's the best solution...