1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Hardware setup pictures

Discussion in 'Rock n Ride simulators - Outdated' started by Renoboss, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Renoboss

Renoboss Member SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Work, Motion Simulator and High Tech Fishing
    Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Perhaps we can make a thread with pictures of our RNR's.
    Maybe it helps other for some setupidea's

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,839Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    DIESER BEITRAG IST VON RENOBOSS, nicht von RACERAY

As you can see I added new (SMC-pneumatics) cilinders for the forward/backward motion. (Dual)
    The original cilinders are put also in dual but in this case in push/pull setup.
    As a compressor I use a hobby-compressor (airpress: 50 ltr tank at 7 bar).
    With the original valveblock i'm able to operate at appr. 3,5 bar making it really fast in movement.
    The original frame is modified:
    -the arms for the rotatingpoint of the chair is longered.
    -by longering the rotatingpoint is put in front of the base center-gravity-point.
    -by putting the back of the chair as close as possible to the banking-pivot i'm able to use a 17 CRT monitor
    (my own body-weight acts as a counterbalance)
    -the plastic chair is replaced by a race-chair.
    -6.1 Logitech surround sound installed

The last hardware mod where installing exhaust-speed control valves for enlarging the brake movement time!!

On my wishlist:
    -modding the valve-control software (that's why i'm on this site!!!)

I've no programming-skills and my German is very bad (reading German is average)
  3. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello Sirnoname,

I bought the RNR through a Dutch company who still sells (according to website).
    http://shop.rightthing.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=17

All the mods I did are still using the original RnR-controllerboard (7 positions , not the softmotion).
    I didn't change the left/right banking pivotpoint so it still uses the original position slider.
    The pivotpoint for the forward/backward motion was put towards the monitor so more of my own
    bodyweight could be used as a counterweight. With the 17CRT it's almost perfect. For this motion I still use
    the original slider. (as you can see in picture 100_0959.jpg)
    All is setup so it still uses the maximum possible movement.

As mentioned i'm planning an upgrade for the valveblock. Beginning this year I had contact with the
    company http://www.motion-simulator.de/index.htm , is also http://www.jasys.de , for a to be built USB-controller.
    Finally they decided not to develop the USB-controller, so after 2½ years of waiting i still had nothing.
    After they made that decision I called and asked if they could help me become the softmotion-upgrade.
    They sent me an upgraded PIC but once installed the RnR would move at all!. So stuck again.

Before upgrading the valveblock it's very important for me to have a better controlboard+software.
    A professional valve block is costly.!!
    Problem with the original RnR-carprofile is in my opinion the banking direction. When turning to the right (in a carsimulatorgame) the RnR should bank to the left. I haven't been able to change the setup to correct that.

For over a 2 years now i have searched the internet for suitable USB-contollerboards. I have seen your
    http://www.usbpage.de a few years ago but not been able to follow your mods.

Are your mods made to an original RnR-board?
    Can you make a complete How-To-Mod manual in for example .PDF?
    Do you have a complete modded USB-board? (for sale) or can you make one?

All in all i still like the RnR-setup because of the posibillity to use it for
    flight-sims also. Lately i'm very attracted by the FREX-simulator setup and the
    big question for me is: -Leave the RnR as it is and change to Frex or devellop the RnR further!.

I mailed Frex to ask if their setup works with GP-4 but as many people complain they are very slow
    in answering.
  4. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    regarding the Velleman USB , on your site is written
    When I buy / or make the complete velleman kit can I directly use it?
    Why can't a calibration of the Potimeters be done?
    ->doesn't it use them?
    Will it be as effectful as your board?
    ->why is movement limited to 70 %?

Regarding your board:
    do you have a clearer picture for the board layout?
    (the layout on page ->nachbau.html doesn't seem the have the correct resolution, when i print it
    1:1 scale the edges blur into eachother)

>You don't understand the project. This software hacks into ANY game with force feedback.
    I understand the project well and support it fully!!

only the software-part and chipprogramming (like HID etc) i dont't.
    Nobody in my surrounding has the same interest as me , nor programming skills!
    A few years ago i build a class A stereo tube amplifier , so etching , soldering and wirering
    i can, smd components are new to me but i think i will manage that!!

basicly money shouldn't be an object but in my normal common sense it does.
    I joined http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=225439 like many others! and it seems many have the same software setup problems!
    Again I like the RnR concept because of it's simple setup and safety (selfcentering by powerfail , works on low-voltage , only uses clean air) and i'm convinced that if the complet setup works it can easely be used in FREX-like setups for those who want to.

BTW: did you personally write Yoda? -if so very COOOLL!
    back in the C-64 days i could program i bit but now not anymore!
  5. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    While your were answering i was out shopping!
    For now i ordered the VM110 and VM129. Just for time saving , not have to program PIC, and become an tested board.
    (If in the end it all doesn's come to function it likely better selling)
    Sadly to hear The velleman interface has also many bugs on usb. Not big ones, but bugs.
    What kind of bugs are to be expected? -slowlyness, no response, or?

Why can't a calibration of the Potimeters be done?
    > It can /must be done ! But it is an software solution. Better is the R'n'R USB Interface, which stores the endpoints of movements.
    I'll studie your RnR USB-Int! but what do you mean by it is an software solution?
  6. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi Sirnoname,

Yesterday I became the VM110 and VM129. tested it with the original velleman software and all seem to function!.

If the function is to protect IC3 why does it distorts (verzerrt?).(can you explain what is distorted?)
    In the VM110 you can exchange R8 and R9 to change the gain, can't we use that somehow?

This weekend i'll setup all the hardware (powersupply, VM110 connencted to the VM129 and the valves to the VM129).
    Are the original valves operated at 12V ?

Did you make your USB-PCB by yourself? I'm thinking of letting for example 10 pc. made and put them for sale in this forum against the manufacturing and transport costs. I think a lot of RnR owners would like that.
    Would you have problems with that?
  7. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello Sirnoname,

Yesterday I setup the VM110 + VM129 and did some testing.
    With the onboard potentio's no problem getting 5V on Pin 2 ,3 of the pic.
    Next thing was to setup with new extern potentio's. This also seems no problem getting 5V on the Pic pins.
    (measured ± 5,25 V) The K8055 software does display 0 - 255 for resp. the full potentio travel.

Great problem came with the VM129 connected. When activating all the relais it seemed to have a current problem.
    So i removed setup (on the VM129) of the power AC 12V input. (removed 4 diodes + capacitor).
    This way I could have 12V Dc directly connected. Now everything seems to be fine.
    The new potentio PCB is made and ready to be put in. I'll do this at the same time I change the cennections for air-blockvalves.

I noticed the new software you put on for download (12-10-2006).
    What are the major changes?

When time comes and I have realised a good setup i'll make a small manual for the work i did towards the VM110 & VM129 so you can use it for your website!.

Greetings!
  8. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello Sirnoname,

It seems i've the VM110 working! I can let it move from within the profiler and even correct the centersettings.
    For now i've trouble using Yoda2 to make my own profile of Rfactor!

attached screendump shows a lot of info. During the game only red marked value's change. They are almost always under an expandable + under a DirectX-component.
    How must i export them.?
    If I understand corectly i've to couple the chairmovements in profiler!

Can you for Gp4 explain how to use the .dll and the panel.ini (in your screendump on x-sim.de)
    What is to be loaded in Yoda?
  9. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

I'm very sorry to be so not understanding!.
    The GPx-plugin is an .dll -file! In the GPx-menu we install .ini -files.
    If i download the .dll , where do i install it?
    How do i choose the GPx plugin in the Force-Sender (Yoda isn't used now i presume!)?

What is the function of the Ignore-list?

All in All for now! If your a fan like i am enjoy the F1 race!!

The great master's last race!!!
  10. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello again,

Thanks for your quick responds!
    Regarding Gp4 I know how to use GPxPatch (v3.91). My setup is based on CSM (v1.26) which also uses GPxPatch.
    You changed the website and I understand panel.ini isn't used.

On your page http://www.x-sim.de/physik_plugin.html there is a screenshot! Where or how do i get there.
    (it's in Force-sender isn't it?)
  11. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    AAahhhhhhaaa!!!

Finally my error is clear!!! I didn't copy the beta files over the originals! How stupid.

Just one question: -This must be done on both PC's?
  12. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5

What do you mean by that?

Yesterday evening I finally got the R'n'R to act on steer and gas and brake in Gp4.
    (in profiler I coupled the X-axis and the throttle to chair movements)
    For now it's only following the joystick (wheel and pedal) movements. It's doesn't seem to act on the
    ingame movements of the car. Somehow i think i need to load something in the profiler? (a .rnr profile?)

All in all with my pneumatic setup (see first post) operating at ± 3.5 bar it seems fast enough (so no lag).
    I almost lost the 17 CRT while operating the chair without me sitting in it!!

While driving GP4 with the new controllersoftware and the softmotion pulses a noticed the RnR-frame seems to
    have a lot of torsion (flex). I will have to modify it when the software is fully operational.
  13. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello Sirnoname,

Finally did some testing again. Problem for now seems to be that the chair only reacts to the
    joystick movements ,(in Gp4 with GPx used , and .dll used).
    I don't have the impression any kind of feedback from within the game is used.
    I think i need some kind of .rnr-profile, is that correct?
    (do you perhaps have one?)

It also seems i can't post in the profile sections , it that correct?
    I.m.o. here is the wrong place to post regarding profiles!
  14. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi Sirnoname,

I'm very sorry for asking!
    Because there where some NFS2MW files I installed that game. Loaded the profiles and it worked!!
    Now i study the 2 movement files and I will try to repeat scanning the FF-effects and try to implement
    them myself. That way I think i'll learn and understand!

Again I must say the lag doesn't seem to be there, but operating my RnR at appr. 3.5 bar seems to be
    the maximum for the original valveblock and almost the max for the frame.
  15. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hi,

Last weeken i did some more modifications towards the chair!. Some welding and most importantly changing the
    geometry of the pivotpoint of the cilinders!. With the new X-sim-software on some movementpositions the X- and Y-cilinders could hit eachother! I drilled some holes in the baseplate so i can bolt it to the floor!.

FYI: the frame isn't heavy! All the modifications were done to change the gravitypoint of my bodyweight so it
    counterbalances for the 17CRT! and to fit the raceseat. In future i'm planning a tripple 17LCD setup combined with the Matrox Tripplehead2go. Operating at 3,5 bar makes F1-sims realistic!
    The valveblock upgrade will be the next thing. I'll contact SMC-pneumatics ,who helped me before, and discuss which valves to use and which setup to make. I think the idea of the softpneumatic must be kept!.

Right now i'm also changing my room to make a good setup for the RnR-controller PC , so i can easely use it with Yoda.

I'll keep you informed!
  16. Nima

Nima Member Gold Contributor

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hallo
    ich habe den Matrox Tripplehead2go bei mir im einsatz.gute einfache software.läuft mit einigen rennspielen.
    habe es mit 3 beamern aufgebaut leider noch nicht mit dem rock zusammen.aber das ist der absolute hammer.und das im
    sofa mit joystick.ich mach mal ein morgen mal ein paar bilder
    nima
  17. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Please tell me, why u prefere Matrox ?

With the Matrox you get the software to select to odd resolution 3840x1024. The MatroxTrippleHead2Go will
    divide it again to 1280x1024 towards the 3 LCD.

First of all my PC isn't capable for SLI.
    Second: I'm a Nvidia-fan but i have bad experience running multiple monitors through Windows/Nvidia software!.
    Currently i've a XFX6800GS. Before that Asus9950TD which already was capacle running stereovision goggle's!
    My favorit games like rFactor / GP4 / CMR / COD2 seem to support the MTH2G!!
  18. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  19. Nima

Glaser
    Balance:
    529Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hallo
    der triple Head ist ein seperates teil was an einen ausgang angeschlossen wird.dann wird dann die auflösung z.b.
    3840 x 1024 eingestellt in der software.dann das spiel optimieren lassen.und dann zocken.mann kann dann auf dem 2 ausgang der grakik noch einen 4 monitor anschließen.leider find ich das blöde kabel von meiner kamera nicht aber bald giebt es ein paar bilder.
  20. Renoboss

Balance:
    297Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello Sirnoname,

For rFactor there seems te be a SDK or something like that.(also plugins available)
    http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=devcorner

I have no programming skill so i dont't really know what you need.

Take a look yourself!