1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Ground Isolation

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Rodeo5150, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Rodeo5150

Rodeo5150 ROOKIE BUT LEARNING FAST Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,233Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Hi all. So I bought 6 brand new wiper motors from ebay until I can afford 6 dc motors and gearbox's.

So I isolate the case ground and solder a new wire to the brush braided wire but still have continuity between + and - ( the two power leads to motor) bucause of the brushes touching the shaft as they are suppose to in order to power and turn the motor.

My question is.... is this acceptable?
    If not how in the world would I fix it?
    I tried soldering a diode between the two leads and all that did was I still had continuity and it kept me from being able to reverse the motor. 16446820237133740944226922445707.jpg
  2. Anthony atallah

Anthony atallah Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    114Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Can you post a picture of the brushes and wires please?
  3. Anthony atallah

Anthony atallah Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Balance:
    114Coins
    Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rodeo5150

Balance:
    1,233Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    Shoot I just seen that you reply to my post here I will do that as soon as I pull them off the rig thank you very much for replying again and sorry for my late response
  5. Rodeo5150

Balance:
    1,233Coins
    Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino, 6DOF
    • Like Like x 1