1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Going OSW

Discussion in 'Direct Drive Wheels' started by Mike Melga, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Mike Melga

Mike Melga Member

IT
    Balance:
    660Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    Hi everyone.

I am going for an OSW build with Mige motor, Simucube and IONI board.
    I know there has been a lot of talk because of the Simucube 2 launch and possible Simucube 1 end of life but I guess it is still more than enough for me.

So... i am getting to order the Mige motor but I've seen so many model numbers and talk about a big and small Mige...
    What would be the exact model for a small Mige with the best possible resolution/encoder (I guess Biss-C?)

Is it the 130ST-M15015?

Thanks!
  2. yellofella

yellofella Member

builder
    Balance:
    743Coins
    Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SimforceGT
    Hi buddy.
    The MiGE 130ST-M15015 is the large motor.
    The MiGE 130ST-M10010 is the small motor.
    I have the large motor, it is extremely powerful and i usually run it at 50% power. It is also really heavy at 17kg.
    I have the the 10000 ppr encoder on it that it came with but have thought of upgrading to the bliss-c encoder as it is a fairly simple £100 upgrade for me but it always seems to be out of stock or discontinued. If you manage to find somewhere that has them then hit me up as im still looking.
    I think you may be right as to the simucube 1 end of life buddy
  3. Mike Melga

Mike Melga Member

IT
    Balance:
    660Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    @yellofella

Thanks.
    I think the small is enough for me :)
    I haven't seen any bliss-c encoder for sale :(
  4. Mike Melga

Mike Melga Member

IT
    Balance:
    660Coins
    Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0
    I am ordering soon my Mige motor directly from Mige. Do you want me to order an extra Biss-c encoder?