1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Gforcefactory Edge 6d

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by PetroVitallini, Sep 9, 2018.

1. PetroVitallini

PetroVitallini Member

Balance:
    262Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone of you care to share your thoughts on this motion sim:

https://www.gforcefactory.com/

I have not been able to find any user reviews even though is been out for a while, but it might be some of you have been able to try it at an event or something like that. Anyone?

I have a problem understanding the specs and translate that into something I can relate to. Or perhaps the better question is do any of you see any apparent problems with the given specs?

6DOF stewart platform

200 Hz

UDP 100 Mbit bi-directional

0.78 x 0.94 x 0.34 m (incl. floor stand)
    80 kg
    150 kg
    Tx: +- 0.13 m, +- 0.5 m/s, 6 m/s2 (0.6 G)

Ty: +- 0.10 m, +- 0.5 m/s, 6 m/s2 (0.6 G)

Tz: +- 0.07 m, +- 0.3 m/s, 5 m/s2 (0.5 G)

Rx: +- 15 deg, +- 35 deg/s, 600 deg/s2

Ry: +- 15 deg, +- 35 deg/s, 600 deg/s2

Rz: +- 15 deg, +- 40 deg/s, 600 deg/s2

230 V - 3.5 A / 115 V - 7 A (800 W)
    200 W
  2. Ads Master

Ads Master

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. AussieSim

AussieSim Member

Balance:
    1,452Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Not cheap

Attached Files:

4. PetroVitallini

PetroVitallini Member

Balance:
    262Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Well, it’s all relative isn’t it? Except from DIY I’ve haven been able to find a cheaper commercial Stewart platform. Still cheaper than many other solutions top model offerings as well.
  5. Surge

Surge New Member Gold Contributor

Tech Entrepreneur
    Balance:
    280Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, SCN6, Arduino
    Totally agree. The G Force platform also has the best stats I’ve seen — twice the velocity of D-BOX, and published acceleration figures, which is much more important than velocity. D-BOX doesn’t even publish acceleration.

My Lotus 18 simulator is sitting on one - will post photos and a review when it’s complete.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. PetroVitallini

PetroVitallini Member

Balance:
    262Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Looking forward to a review on this! Haven't seen any since the edge 6d released.
  7. Surge

Tech Entrepreneur
    Balance:
    280Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    D-BOX vs EDGE Specs:
    - I got the D-BOX specs from Sim Racing Garage’s review on YouTube. D-BOX DOES NOT PUBLISH specs (which should tell you something right there)!

Movement:
    D-BOX = .0345 m
    EDGE = .07 - .13 m (depending on axis) = 2X - 4X better than D-BOX

Velocity:
    D-BOX = .1 m/s
    EDGE = 0.3-0.5 m/s = 3X - 5X better than D-BOX

Acceleration (arguably the most important, as it gives you the sensation of G-forces):
    D-BOX = ??? (They do not publish. I have asked them 2-3 times and they never replied!)
    EDGE = 5-6 m/s2 (0.5 - 0.6 G)

Degrees of Freedom:
    D-BOX = 3DOF (4 actuators)
    EDGE = 6DOF

D-BOX alone doesn’t give you yaw, which is critical.

Price:
    D-BOX = 10,000 EUR
    EDGE = 8,000 EUR

Yikes! I would not want to be D-BOX. The word is getting out about the EDGE...
  8. H0B0Byter99

H0B0Byter99 New Member

Balance:
    168Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've gone down the rabbit hole with them on pricing, specing it out, and am just about to buy it. (The price is right and a DIY system isn't in the cards at the moment)

I asked them about how to pay and they said wire transfer is the only way they'll accept payment. This has me worried a bit. I literally have no recourse if they take the money (wire transfer) and don't send the unit other than flying to the Netherlands and raising cane there. I'd like some sort of buyer protection.

Anyway, a bit off topic from your original post but thought it was relevant enough to add.

Is this typical of a company to not accept credit card as payment? Anybody else buy from them? They trustworthy?
  9. Surge

Tech Entrepreneur
    Balance:
    280Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Hi, my sim builder has purchased many platforms from EDGE. It's normal for European companies to not accept credit cards, especially for high dollar value items. So there's nothing suspicious about requiring wire transfers only. However, I do understand your apprehension. The other option is to use an ESCROW service, and agree to split the fees equally. Or try to get them to pay the fees in full as a first step?