1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Download Package Now!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant here. Do not following these rules will lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.

Gforcefactory Edge 6d

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by PetroVitallini, Sep 9, 2018.

1. PetroVitallini

PetroVitallini New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    188Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone of you care to share your thoughts on this motion sim:

https://www.gforcefactory.com/

I have not been able to find any user reviews even though is been out for a while, but it might be some of you have been able to try it at an event or something like that. Anyone?

I have a problem understanding the specs and translate that into something I can relate to. Or perhaps the better question is do any of you see any apparent problems with the given specs?

6DOF stewart platform

200 Hz

UDP 100 Mbit bi-directional

0.78 x 0.94 x 0.34 m (incl. floor stand)
    80 kg
    150 kg
    Tx: +- 0.13 m, +- 0.5 m/s, 6 m/s2 (0.6 G)

Ty: +- 0.10 m, +- 0.5 m/s, 6 m/s2 (0.6 G)

Tz: +- 0.07 m, +- 0.3 m/s, 5 m/s2 (0.5 G)

Rx: +- 15 deg, +- 35 deg/s, 600 deg/s2

Ry: +- 15 deg, +- 35 deg/s, 600 deg/s2

Rz: +- 15 deg, +- 40 deg/s, 600 deg/s2

230 V - 3.5 A / 115 V - 7 A (800 W)
    200 W
  2. AussieSim

AussieSim Member

Balance:
    999Coins
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Not cheap

Attached Files:

3. PetroVitallini

PetroVitallini New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    188Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Well, it’s all relative isn’t it? Except from DIY I’ve haven been able to find a cheaper commercial Stewart platform. Still cheaper than many other solutions top model offerings as well.