1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

GEAR MOTOR 12 VOLT 150/160 rpm 25:1 ratio

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by -kevin-, Aug 20, 2014.

1. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    No reply? it was so bad as an idea? :(

Oh well, let's move to the engines ... ;)

How about these?
    http://www.ebay.it/itm/12V-DC-Geare...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item58b2cd2323

But you have to buy them with the shaft left and right ... I'm in the UK and in theory will not pay customs fees.
    And the same website that I linked eaorobbie few posts up and more are also on ebay

I saw that the plastic gear and absorb 23 A a little too what do you think?

Or I could buy engines and gearboxes apart but I do not like so much because they are 25: 1

In practice, if you buy this http://www.ebay.it/itm/25-1-MCP-4-G...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item19d5f00f2f

I owe this match http://www.ebay.it/itm/12V-DC-Motor...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item58b2dc4233

And if my calculations are not wrong .... would 25x156 = 3900 then would be 156 RPM right? too fast for my project .....
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    156 rpm fine. We have that speed about on our motors and with 40mm ctc lever it translates to about 300mm per second linear travel, which rivals SCN.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok for the speed I agree, but the problem is, that my next project will most weight of the upper structure, the engines must also raise the tv / monitor 32 ", in addition to my weight of 83 kg and other things that put. then I do not know if I need a lot of speed to 156 RPM, because it would be detrimental to the couple. many would NM ratio 25: 1 and 156 RPM? calculate it I do not know. Perhaps balancing the weight can be well who make ?
    Those with a ratio of 60: 1 as you can see I'm a bit slow 65RPM run like a windshield wiper, however, are 30 NM. I'm really undecided on this:confused:
  4. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, thats an issue. If you run a shoulder mount, it will be ok, but for sure use 60:1 with 45mm ctc levers.
    I think you are using the K8055, so I am not sure what the actual linear speed of the motors will be.
    I am using calc based on the JRK.
    You can try with 25:1 boxes and if you find the motors do not move it well, then go to 50 or 60:1 boxes.
  5. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I have not! K8055 I used it in the old project 2 DOF, this is a new project and is based on 4 DOF then the interfaces I have yet to decide which one to use ... since the price of JRK and fell from 100,00 € to 73,00 perhaps will opt for this solution, but not so much economic as compared to arduino + moto monster etc.. However, I have yet to properly evaluate the speech of electronics.

This time I will not use levers linked behind his back to the T, but I will link the levers behind the sedile..metto a drawing as an example:

[​IMG]

for this type of connection which most recommended and 25: 1 or 60: 1? calculating that should raise the + or - 120 kg then obviously that will be balanced!
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Still too low if you plan a 5-10kg tv on it as well, shoulder mount would be best. and 60:1 with all that weight being moved. I built a sim like that for a friend a while ago, with tv on it, really needed 60:1 to move it properly and shoulder mount. It really struggled with motors mounted lower.
  7. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    I do not know if I got it right I'm sorry. So, if I mount levers low as in the drawing, it takes engines with a ratio 25:1.
    If however, I mount levers high behind his back to the engine with better T ratio 60:1?
  8. insanegr

insanegr !N$@n€

Balance:
    16,715Coins
    Ratings:
    +499 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    it is the opposite from what u saying here. you need 60:1 if you mount them on the base and 25:1 if you mount them near your shoulder
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    In fact, it seemed to me strange ... I understood the opposite.
    So the engine 60: 1 are good for me. Thank you
  10. prilad

prilad Well-Known Member SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer

Balance:
    9,614Coins
    Ratings:
    +512 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, 4DOF
    You should understand - the big gear ratio gives more torque and less angular speed. And vice versa.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. graz

graz New Member Gold Contributor

mechanic
    Balance:
    - 28Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    thanks for the link for those motors, I am new to this but have been doing some research and was going to go with motion dynamics motors but i'll definetly be checking this mob out especially as I am in point cook and looking at their address I could walk ther in 10 mins so a big thanks again for the link
  12. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok @prilad lad questo l'ho sapevo. Quello che non capivo e dove andavano montati dietro alle spalle o alla base... grazie

Grazie @insanegr per avermi chiarito le idee:thumbs

Ok @prilad lad this I know. What I do not understand where they went and mounted behind the back or at the bottom ... thanks.

@insanegr Thanks for letting me clear ideas :thumbs
  13. soraz

soraz Member

Balance:
    5,158Coins
    Ratings:
    +79 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ciao @soraz
    Grazie per le info molto utili a chiunque vuole acquistare questi motori ;) io ho abbandonato l'idea e ho continuato con i tergicristallo e fino adesso non mi posso lamentare :thumbs comunque sono riuscito a recuperare 2 motori da un sollevatore di persone però li devo ancora testare.. sò che alzano persone fino a 200 kg come giri del riduttore li ho comparati con i tergicristalli e sono anche più veloci... se tutto và bene li userò come sollevamento e urto visto che hanno una coppia elevata e sono anche più veloci e i tergicristallo li uso per la perdita di aderenza e accellerazione e frenata ;)

Hello @soraz
    Thanks for the info very helpful to anyone who wants to buy these engines ;) I abandoned the idea and continued with the wiper and so far I can not complain :thumbs anyway I managed to recover 2 engines of a linkage of people, however, will have to yet to test .. I know people who raise up to 200 kg of gear turns as I have compared with the wipers and are also faster ... if all goes well I will use them as lifting and shock as they have high torque and are also more fast and windscreen wipers use them for the loss of grip and acceleration and braking;)

20141111_193706.jpg
  15. Evan Rowlands

Evan Rowlands EMR Industries

business owner/ EMR industries
    Balance:
    - 72Coins
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    motion dynamics $89.00 AUD 61/1 gearbox 100watt 50nm

or a 200watt version 100nm $189.00AUD

i have used the 100watt motors and there very powerful moves 200kg with the right COG