1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Game engine crash

Discussion in 'SimTools DIY Version' started by Haldus, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Haldus

Haldus New Member

Balance:
    261Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Joyrider
    While playing dirt 3 the game engine application often stops responding and crashes. Sometimes it is enough to just exit the game and open game engine again, while other times when I try to start game engine again it says it is already running and I have to restart the computer. I rarely get a full race done before game engine crashes, any ideas?

I am running an arduino based system connecting at 115200bps, 8 data bits, zero parity
  2. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Is the Ard locking up too, I have had a similar issue while running a dash app with the Ard, if the serial port falls over because of the Ard, can cause the engine to crash.
    Ard related, why I don't use them for motion, dash only applications.
    Solution try running your Ard at a lower baud rate or adjust the packet rate so the Ard doesn't lock-up and stop the serial port.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. pOmmi

pOmmi New Member

Balance:
    624Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    I have got this issue too with Ard R3 and a servomotor (doing a phisycal RPM meter). Before 30 minutes of a race (or training) Game Manager crashs. Baud rate is set to 57600 :(.
    I'll try later with 9600 or slower.
  4. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,400Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Ok with V1.2 SimTools and Game Dash tested under Windows 8 and 7, I have not had this issue again.
    But in GameDash if a weird value comes in like a -1 on rpm as where some games start, if you don't have the right script in place, like Replace -1 0 . Then the Ard locks up because no checksum or serial error in code to catch the issue. Simply the Ard would lock the serial port and I have to close the GameDash and the Game Manager and restart the Ard and restart the Manager and Dash.
    A simple Serial.flush when the data is incorrect or now I use arrays and checks in code to make sure data is correct so the Ard doesn't lock up the port. Another way is have an end of command maker so it reads the serial until it reaches that like "~" then it know it has all the data to compose to a number, but depend how you are doing it.

I have an example that is very stable, runs 2 servos for a sim model, check the code out. And use of it all or none as you please.
    http://www.xsimulator.net/community/marketplace/rc-model-code-for-arduino-uno-2dof-expandable.89/
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. pOmmi

pOmmi New Member

Balance:
    624Coins
    Ratings:
    +29 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Thank you eaorobbie for the informations. I'll try 9600 and flush data on every end of loop on next event :)
    I got your example for 2 servos, very usefull and well commented ! thx a lot !
  6. Ramok

Ramok Member SimAxe Beta Tester Gold Contributor

Balance:
    1,130Coins
    Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    Hi eaorobbie have same problem with GameEngine crashing. I try the RC Model Code for Arduino but no success . i dont know what code put in ard .Do you have more detailed instructions please.
    Regards Ramok