1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

g25 loadcel mod.

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by adgun, Mar 26, 2010.

1. adgun

adgun Active Member

mechanic
    Balance:
    5,541Coins
    Ratings:
    +131 / 3 / -0
    Hi

i found a cheap G25 loadcel mod.
    www.apelectrix.com
    Dus some one know it.
    regards Ad :hi:
  2. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have this mod and it works great. Also very easy to install.

....Mike
  3. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can you give further feedback on how good this is. I.m using nixim brakemod at the moment.
  4. bwawryk

bwawryk New Member

Chef
    Balance:
    277Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys
    Am I correct to assume this mod is for PC based sims only as opposed to games played on a console?
  5. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The G25 will work with the PS3 console so I'm pretty sure the load cell will work with PS3 games as well but not X-Box.
  6. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've installed the mod cell (Andy Pastore Mod) and it is good peace of work. Can someone give me some good settings. I play GTR2. I just installed the mod and played. Just wondered how you guys prefer settings.
  7. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Are you using the Leo Bodnar G25 USB controller as well?
  8. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    At the moment im using it without. I have the usb stand alone cable from him though.
    I have the wheel screwed to the dashboard so will probably connect the cable tommorow.
  9. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The cable is what I was refering to. I'm using he earlier controller that came in a small box but they are the same. It makes the pedals feel much better. You can use his calibration software to properly setup the pedals which I find better than using the Windows calibration software. You will need to calibrate the load cell with the right amount of pressure that works for you car and driving style.

...Mike
  10. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I only got the cable in the box. No cd. YOu download the software from his site?
  11. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  12. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have been using for about 5 hours play and the rubber has just slit into 2. A clean cut. I thought the pedal was designed for a strong push. Do I need to change setting so I don't need to push hard. Because I want to achieve 100% breaking. I use GTR2 and now the rubber has split when I press the pedal it only shows that im pressing it 75%. Is there a posibilty the sensor is damaged? I've stopped playing now as I need some replacement rubbers. I've asked the maker for some new rubber block some advice as to what settings I need to avoid this happning. For example I race on Monza so on the first corner I hit the brake full hard to get full braking force. I don't want to lose performance with this mod. Btw I did have the leo bodnar cable but I have not installed that yet.
  13. ledfoot

ledfoot Member

IT Manager
    Balance:
    21Coins
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Fahim,

Did you calibrate the pedal using the Leo utility? During calibration, the harder you press the pedal, the harder you will need to press it in the game to achieve full braking. I calibrate my brake pedal to a maximum of 400 in the Leo Utility, you can calibrate it to a number that works for you. You can go lower if you want the brakes to lock up with less pressure of higher if you want to press them very hard.
  14. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I did no calibrating. Just plug and play. I intended to install the lead (leo's) then calibrate but in a few sessions of play, cut!
    Anyway the maker is sending me some rubber blocks for free which is nice of him. I can always use Nixim brake rubbers and make a hole as they are stronger rubber.
  15. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Please find picture attached.

I managed to get some new rubbers for the loadcell.

When I press the brake full the red bar is at 100% showing full braking.

But after a few laps when braking FULL the red bar only shows around 70% meaning the car is not breaking full so I end up in the gravel :).

Has anyone else noticed this problem in andy pastore load cell mod? I have tried 100% sensitivity but cannot get the red bar to be full. problemloadcell.jpg

P.S I have just installed the leo bodnar g25 cable.

PROBLEM SOLVED BY USING LEO BODNAR PROFILER PROGRAM.
  16. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For some reason the cable is not working properly. When you connect it in the usb it just closes off the other devices in other usb's. I have plugged the pedals directley into the steering wheel and the pedal works.

But when I plug the pedals into the leo bodnar cable. It does not power up. It just powers off my G25 Wheel which is plugged into the next USB port. I have tested the USB ports with USB Storage devices like the mini giga sticks and the USB's work fine.

When I open the Caliberation program it is always blank.

Any clues?
  17. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I plugged the cable into laptop that is windows XP and it works.

For some reason my computer with windows VISTA does not recognise the leo bodnar cable anymore.
  18. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Leo Bodnar emailed me.

My pedals are mounted to steel with screws. He told me to remove earth connections from each pedal (g25) and then the cable started to work. There was some sort of short-circuit with the earths. (grounds)