1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

G-Loc motion arcade conversion

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by tronicgr, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Justin has contacted me with a request to help him convert his old G-Loc Motion Arcade machine to a modern flight simulator that cooperates with FSX propably. :supercool:

He sended me some photos from it:

gloc.jpg

gloc_side.jpg

glocairbattle.jpg

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

From what he says, its motion is done in the same way as frex like motion simulators are moving. One motor up and the other down to lean to the side, and both motors up or down for front-back motion.

The question is what size are its motor? From the photo they seem too big (4 to 5 inches in diameter). What are the amp/ voltage requirements of those? :eek:

If they are small enouph to interface it with AVR motion controller?! ;-)

Regards, Thanos
  2. EvanF

EvanF Member

Multimedia Producer
    Balance:
    423Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Nice...
    I want one of those!
    I don't think there'll be too much of a problem with the conversion. The motors are about the same size as the ones I use. If they require more volts simply unbolt them and whack some more on, the mechanics looks very adaptable.

EvanF
  3. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,842Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,969 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Hi Thanos,

that think is antique... I have no space left in my rooms for such a monster,hehe But nice to see that thing again :)

Do you still know that video? http://www.partyoutfitters.com/itempics/Videos/GLOC.wmv

It´s amusement to see the delay between screen movement and simulator ;-)

regards, René
  4. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Yes, the original version is pretty slow! :D

But if you upgrade it with modern electronics, its going to be awesome!

Justin has send me some new photos of its mechanical part that clears more points on how it transmits the motion from the motors:

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0004_2.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

This third photo shows the feedback potentiometer!

Someone that repairs that kind of sega arcades said that the motors are rated 90VDC max. Now the question is how fast they will move with 12volt or 24volt...

Regards, Thanos
  5. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    He should post those pictures here by himself^^
  6. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He sends them to me thru email... I hope he joins in shortly ... :schreiben:

Thanos
  7. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.