1. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  2. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  3. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Showroom G-Head Bowden cable based Surge System

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by sberns, Jul 31, 2020 at 04:10.

1. sberns

sberns Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    422Coins
    Ratings:
    +77 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, SCN5, Arduino
    I keep experimenting with bowden cables thanks to @SeatTime's inspiration. Here is my attempt at a G-Head system for acceleration forces only. I've incorporated this into my overall setup and it is a welcome addition aside from being a bit cumbersome. As you can see, it uses a high strength single RC Servo and some bowden cables, and 3d printed mounts for my Oculus CV1. It may look a bit sluggish in the video but it seems perfect for simulating the acceleration force on your neck. I did go through many mount designs and the hardest part was allowing for full head motion while driving and also ensuring that the surge forces pulling my head back did not alter my view while driving. Fun project!

IMG_7733.jpg IMG_7734.jpg IMG_7735.jpg IMG_7736.jpg IMG_7737.jpg IMG_7739.jpg IMG_7740.jpg IMG_7742.jpg IMG_7743.jpg IMG_7744.jpg IMG_7745.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ads Master

Ads Master

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0