1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FSX Flight Simulator looks so real with some addons

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by RaceRay, Nov 1, 2013.

1. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    Hello BlazinH,
    Absolutely no offense taken.....I have read so many threads at forums where a "few of the same folks" are always bitching and complaining about the EULA, which is important of course, but
    all they do is be negative ALL the TIME.... As I've said over and over at these forums, "get over it, and stay with FSX" - that's all - the complaining does nothing but take up space - The majority of both flight
    and race simmers are very dedicated and good folks - and try to follow a good creed - as it should be............NOW, enough of this...

I use primarily the ORBX-FTX scenery, REX-Extreme, My3D Traffic, Saitek X52Pro, fast pc and good gpu - and I'm very happy with results....will upgrade to Haswell when I get my sim platform finished.
    I have recently purchased the ORBX-FTX Global Scenery, which pretty much replaces UTX & GEX.

I've not used the FlyTampa's products but from what I read and have seen on various threads, they're superb.

I also lover choppers - having the Nemeth 109/Eurocopter/CH-53...took about a year to get good at handling these birds, but so much pain & fun getting there...as you know, different animal altogether.

You're talking about replacing your steering wheel for a flight stick again - I'm talking about replacing my flight stick for my TS500 - Go figure???? I know we will still do both....too much love for
    flying....and so much to learn about the racing simulation.

Thanks for your threads and replies...have a blessed one!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. omniatlas

omniatlas New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there - also interested in building a flight sim platform for a 737 simulator. Love to hear your ideas...right now I am looking to replicate the CKAS motion platform with great interest.
  3. cthiggin

cthiggin Active Member

Self-Employed
    Balance:
    15,209Coins
    Ratings:
    +435 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Arduino, Motion platform
    omniatlas,
    I've spent two years acquiring the necessary hardware for a CKAS "type" of platform. Have 1hp inverter duty motors, Boston Gearboxes, u-joint, spline shaft for "heave" set up, rods & rod ends,
    all of the 1.5" steel tube for the chassis....don't have the VFD's yet or electronic hardware. I was going to start this summer, but the wife had ideas to remodel the entire second floor of our home -
    well, you may know the drill - after three months of some week evenings and Saturdays, I am about finished. Hopefully, between Thalnksgiving & Christmas, I'm going to start cutting and welding
    the bottom and top frames - which I will post progress here........Note: the platform originally was going to be for flight simming, but there are ways to make it more aggressive for racing - which
    I'm finally getting into - already have purchased T-500rs and Ferarri Wheel...... SO, in summary, I will hopefully start posting my project soon - and I will also need much help from an electronics
    standpoint here - just a GREAT forum and bunch of folks here.
    Have a blessed one.
  4. BlazinH

BlazinH Well-Known Member

Balance:
    16,575Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,831 / 32 / -1
    Yes, both are great fun, just different!
  5. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    • Like Like x 1
  6. omniatlas

omniatlas New Member

Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hi cthiggib,

Please keep us updated! I know much to nothing about electronics and motors so your thread to build a motion platform will be very helpful.

Cheers!
  7. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    Is it worth a plugin for P3D? I don't think you can use the FSX plugin, can you?
  8. Historiker

Historiker Dramamine Adict Gold Contributor

Retired
    Balance:
    9,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,159 / 19 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino, Motion platform, 6DOF
    It would never hurt to have another plugin to support the software but I have not personally seen a major shift toward P3D. Most people have too much invested in FSX, unfortunately.