1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Force Dynamics/Motion-sim.cz

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Fahim, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can I ask why would motion-sim.cz go from 3 actuators to 4 actuator in the last few years?
    Their first design was based like the force dynamics simulator which I believe use three actuators.

Two at the sides and one right behind the driver seat.

The only reason I can think of is if the single actuator behind could not take the force or the motor overheats so add a second one to keep things cooler?

As I can't understand the benefit in terms of feel of have two actuators joined together right behind the driver seat.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    My guess is it does Yaw with the back to actuators?
    yobuddy
  3. mariano68

mariano68 Active Member

builder contractor
    Balance:
    3,338Coins
    Ratings:
    +395 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino, 4DOF
    They got traction loss and also release some load from the other 3 actuators. My next sim will be based on that.
  4. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So 4dof the back actuators are yaw( spinning or losing back end)

So what about the pitch (back/forward). The back actuators share yaw and pitch together?

For example we 2DOF users share roll and pitch with the same actuators?
  5. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    47,907Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,027 / 16 / -0
    I believe the front actuators do, Pitch, Roll and Heave.
    And the back actuators do Pitch, Yaw and Heave.
    yobuddy
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. SeatTime

SeatTime Well-Known Member

Retired
    Balance:
    28,370Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,844 / 38 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, Motion platform
    I will be interested in what you guys come up with - I did look at doing a design like this but ended up still going with a stewart platform - as this design has allot of side loads which my actuators could not handle without some serious redesign and 6DOF is of course better than 5DOF :).
    Last edited: May 29, 2017