1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

foracer

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by avaisane, Jan 11, 2011.

1. avaisane

avaisane New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yet another familiar looking sim (this time from Finland).

www.foracer.com
  2. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Re: foracer.com

Nice, that does look familiar.
  3. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0

Be good to see more photo's but being a 'ready to go' simulator I am sure that this is going to be way over any budget I would have available.

Love the idea for the seat angle adjustment though, and that the whole assembly can slide backwards and forwards for length adjustment.
    Must investigate adding that option to my plans I think.
  4. Henning Piez

Henning Piez Member

Balance:
    17Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think it only exists in CAD. The site being only in finish is quite silly or are there enought customers willing to buy such a thing?
  5. whaleman

whaleman Member

Balance:
    7Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree, one would expect the site to be also in English. Prototype of the rig exists and was intruduced in Finnish VM-Motorshow last weekend. Never driven a motion simulator before so I was quite excited to test drive it! And that Frex wheel wasn't bad either :clap:
  6. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Face the True Race? :D
    I would rather face an English website, real product photos, and also pricing on it.

I think it is just an overpriced and over marketed arcade chair. Unless of course they use X-Sim. :D
  7. kubing

kubing Member

teacher, Industrial electronic programmer
    Balance:
    350Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How many DOF?
  8. whaleman

whaleman Member

Balance:
    7Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2DOF, construction is similar to SimforceGT simulators.
  9. Foracer

Foracer New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's nice that you are interested in Foracer!

First Foracer simulators will be on sale May 2011. Unveiling took place at VM Motorsport Show in Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Centre on January 8th and 9th 2011. Over 60 people, including many Finnish motorsport champions, took a test drive during the exhibition.

Website in English will be published on next week! More photos and videos will be added as well.
  10. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0
  11. Keni1

Keni1 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Foracer - Stolen tracks and mods (verifiable), stolen rFactor (not sure but possible, maybe just one lisense for all machines on sale) - please boycott against this kind of misbehaviour and criminal persons.

Next week this company is under the Police investigation so they will got what they really earn. They took my race tracks for them business without asking me so they stole my property and they try to make some money using my stuff without any permissions, hello???

Foracer first publication in VM Motorsport Show 2011 Exhibition, Helsinki Finland

My Alastaro Race Track and rFactor
    http://www.kolumbus.fi/keni1/foracer_alastaro.jpg

As they say: 'Just Plug the Power and...face the fair play' or how it goes :)

Yours
    Kimmo Kokkonen aka Keni1
    Track Creator, Sim Racer
    keni1@kolumbus.fi
  12. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Thank you for letting us know. This is definitely not the right start for the company.

I hope you will get compensated for your hard work making those mods!
  13. Foracer

Foracer New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unveiling of Foracer-simulator took place at VM Motorsport Show in Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Centre on January 8th and 9th 2011. After the show we noticed that we apparently should have not used freeware mods in a public event. We did not pay enough attention to the copyright matters before the show and did not consider that the use of a free mod in public is prohibited and we are very sorry about it. We sincerely apologize for this and will not use any freeware mods in the simulator without agreements from the authors. We have invested a lot of time and money in this project so we would under no circumstance jeopardize our business intentionally.

Concerning Mr Kokkonen’s actions we think he has highly overreacted when he has blamed us as criminals. We have responded to Mr Kokkonen’s first contact and apologized and wanted to make an agreement. With he’s own actions Mr Kokkonen made the agreement of this matter impossible. We have now responded to he’s demands as Finnish law requires and the public handling of this case is closed from our behalf.

Foracer-team
  14. Roadster2

Roadster2 Member

Balance:
    1,194Coins
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0

Thanks for the response. It obviously helps to hear both sides of the story so that individuals can make up their own mind.

I must admit if I was intending to exhibit a product I wouldn't have realised that using a freely available mod would not be allowed. I know that Freeware can't be used commercially, I just wouldn't have thought about the free mods as being 'Freeware'.
    Note: I'm not saying that they're not, simply that I myself wouldn't have though about them as being Freeware.
  15. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the honesty. It was an honest mistake and I'm sure you will watch these matters in the future.

Now, do you have a pricing on your simulator yet?
  16. lyspatriote

lyspatriote Member Gold Contributor

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    price? shipping? instalation? there similar product at 32 000$ hope you beat that, what about the monitors? is there a option whit or whitout, i mean there tv everyware no need to ship

thx
  17. bvillersjr

bvillersjr Active Member

Balance:
    437Coins
    Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -0
    @Lyspatriote - Didn't you already tell us publically that you were selling simulators? Is this why you are interested in the Foracer pricing, or because you want to buy one?
  18. lyspatriote

lyspatriote Member Gold Contributor

photographer
    Balance:
    - 76Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just curious , are you ?
    its for a friend of mine

if we are here its becose we already have a simulator or we are commited to built one, whit a low cost as possible so no im not gonna buy one. Those thig are for rich guys who won it the easy way.

The thing and the market arond sim racing interrest me. Good luck Foracer