1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FMP....something I've always dreamt of!

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by darrenkarp, Nov 5, 2007.

1. darrenkarp

darrenkarp New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I stumbled across your site today after doing a search on google for full motion flight sim platforms. Until now, I'd never heard of RockNRide, etc. but now it seems the original maker has gone out of business although there is a seller in the Netherlands.

I've always dreamt about having my own platform but am not the type of person who could build one from scratch, even with plans! The RNR seemed appealing as it was an out-of-the-box product which also takes up minimal floorspace.

Are there any other products out there I should be looking at which don't need a second mortgage on my house?

TIA
    Darren
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Welcome Darren!

For flight sims I'd recommend Tronicgr' joyrider.

Serach for it in our forum.

regards
    ego
  3. darrenkarp

darrenkarp New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen this and its a little ugly (my wife would not like it in our living room). The RNR looks excellent. Anything else that doesn't require any building?

TIA
    Darren
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    LOL, but Thanos' joyrider works 10 times better than the pneumatic RnR^^

Btw, have you ever seen a full setted up RnR with all wires to to the input devices, loudspeakers and monitor. If so, you wouldnt say that it looks better than the Thanos' joyrider^^

http://www.servos.com/2axis.aspx
  5. darrenkarp

darrenkarp New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't seem to understand your reply.

Darren
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Uups. I've edited the post above
    Now it should be easier to understand ;D

If you dont want to assemble a sim, then go for a FD-301. If it fits in your living room. Your wife would be surprised how cool it looks, for sure :)
  7. darrenkarp

darrenkarp New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. All I can say is that I must have got the wrong simulator from Thanos as the one I saw had mechanno everywhere.
  8. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Darren

This is a DIY simulators sektion. Sure that our sims arent that clean and professional like sims for 50K Dollars.
  9. darrenkarp

darrenkarp New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand this. The RNR is / was quite inexpensive which is why I asked about it. It's a shame they aren't available in the UK!