1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. GTakacs

GTakacs New Member

Balance:
    44Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    So question: I have a 6DOF hexapod and the pedal mount is outside of the actuators but below the COR and the top of the actuators. This means that there are some extreme angles where it would interfere with one of the actuators in the front. So i have to limit the angles/moves to ensure there is never interference between my rig and the pedals.

The issue is that this makes it where my limits are way below what the normal envelope of the rig could/should be.

Is there any way to implement an "aggregate" limit so it ensures I'm not adding all the sway/roll/pitch at the same time but allow individual movements to maximize?

Additionally, The Pose limits only apply to the individual roll/pitch elements but not at the aggregate, ie. I can have a limit of 15 degrees on the mixed sway and 15 degrees on roll but I can't have a limit of 15 degrees for the aggregate. This means that my rig will receive possibly as much as 30 degrees from the pose, which may not be ideal. Sure I can limit in the rig at this stage, but what if I wanted to limit in the pose?

I also find the part about "range" in the pose settings not ideal. It works if you're doing a simple linear translation but it also limits your input slider in manual control to only reach that maximum. This I think is wrong. The input and output should have its own separate range.

Also, does anyone have some 6DOF profiles for car racing they could share? I'd love to see what others did with their configs.
  2. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF

upload_2024-5-21_12-37-4.png

Look what I have for the new release.
    It's not fully functional yet (95%, still missing a small part of he code)
    You define a volume (cylinder) and Mover tests colisions with actuators...
    I think that's what you want?

With the new motion calculation, I avoid the colision and keep it moving with motion compensation.
    But, this is only for linear hexapods. For other rig types I don't have this feature

hmmm, there's also an English error there :eek:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. PeterW

PeterW alias Wickie

Dipl. Ing. Mb (FH)
    Balance:
    1,611Coins
    Ratings:
    +362 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hello
    Hello FlyPT!
    So great to see your continous hard work and improvements on mover!!! Thank you so much!!

When I had a look to your new rig configuration window, I was immedaiately missing the "dislocation by turn".
    upload_2024-5-21_15-31-35.png
    You kindly implemented this feature for me in a mover test-Version (3.6.0 beta-version) to be able to test the official Odrive firmware. This feature is soooooo great and important !
    I am using this feature in my Odrive linear 6DOF since over a year now and it works perfect! Odrive has such a huge potential most people dont know yet.
    So please please keep this feature - I am sooooo keen on using this in a new official mover release!
    Thousand thanks!!
    Wickie

Attached Files:

4. Marco Annunziata

Marco Annunziata Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    670Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF

Pedro, that's exactly what I needed. Thank you very much for your job!
  5. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Don't worry, it's in,
    The window was and is too crowded, so I added a new control:

upload_2024-5-21_15-30-1.png

Actuator settings are inside this window.
    While in this rig they share the same settings, in other rigs thay can change. In those cases there's more than one of those controls, like here:

upload_2024-5-21_15-32-3.png

1 for the 4 feets, 1 for surge and one for sway/yaw actuators.
    All have the turns included.

The only thing missing right now is speed calculation because it needs feedback and I will leave it for later if needed.

Colisions are prepared for all rigs, but only the linear 6 dof has the ui for that.
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Marco Annunziata

Marco Annunziata Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    670Coins
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF

Perdo, hy does the speed have to have the feedback?
    Would be enough to set a maximum speed on each actuator which runs in parallel with the real actuators.
  7. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Because the idea of speed is to use PID to calculate the speed to reach a specific position.
    For that you need to know the current position and without feedback it's always zero.
  8. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Adding speed calculation is easy.
    Adding feedback is a nightmare...
    I have some things implemented for that, but I would prefer avoid talking about it. To many promises right now... Just tell you that the feedback can be done through sources and Mover is now using variables everywehere.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. stil550

stil550 Member

Balance:
    307Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Would it be possible to take a look at MSFS's Yaw Acceleration please? The values are extremely jumpy and noisy, impossible to use compared to other axis accelerations.
  10. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I think that is solved on the new release:

upload_2024-5-21_17-31-54.png

Red line is acceleration (without interpolation)
    I now have a more efficient code to calculate acceleration in MSFS

Here with interpolation:

upload_2024-5-21_17-35-21.png

EDIT:

I use interpolation, because on those images, Mover is calculating at 0.15ms or 6666Hz:

upload_2024-5-21_17-38-20.png
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. stil550

stil550 Member

Balance:
    307Coins
    Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    New release as in the one you are working on that is not yet available, or is this something that I can download right away to start using?
    Thank you.
  12. GTakacs

GTakacs New Member

Balance:
    44Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Indeed this is precisely what I want :). So the only question is.... when? ;-)

I got no response to the racing motion cueing ask, so next question, does anyone have a solid 6dof motion cueing setup that uses the classical motion cueing/mixing with washouts? I'm looking for plane profiles now.
  13. smitty

smitty Active Member

Balance:
    663Coins
    Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Give this file a try.. it washes out translations, rotations are a mix of actual position and acceleration. I've done a lot to make sure properly coordinated turns leave the rig flat in roll. If you need more or less pedal in turns, you'll feel it leaning. My rig is capable of +/-100mm translations and 30deg rotations so you might need to scale. The only thing left i need to work on is, if you point nearly straight up in sim like in a loop, it can be a little violent. :p

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. GTakacs

GTakacs New Member

Balance:
    44Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Thanks! I'll take a look and see what it does! Upon cursory look it looks very interesting!

My rig has a native 32 degree roll, 40 degree yaw and +35/-32 degree pitch rotation and over +/- 350mm in translations. The problem is that with my pedal plate mounted I need to limit it to 15 degree rotation and 100mm translation to ensure I can never interfere the pedal plate with an actuator. Otherwise there is, albeit small, chance that the rig ends up in a state where we're full tilt and fully translated which would hit the actuator. I need to wait for the new version of FlyPT to take advantage of the entire DOF envelope, which is undoubtedly coming!
  15. Frada

Frada New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    69Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, SCN5
    Hello, does anyone know if flypt mover works with Richard Burns rallye NGP7 rallyesimsfan?
  16. Spoofy

Spoofy New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    does anyone know how to set up a custom rig, or how to modify the Dof H3 rig.
    So i can input the dimensions of my own rig.
    Its 2dof plus traction loss or (yaw)
    At the moment i use the 2dof with rotating actuators with 2 motors, but would like to add a 3rd motor traction loss.
    I love the the motion compenstaion it works really good, would love it with the traction loss.

Many Thanks Paul
  17. pmvcda

pmvcda aka FlyPT

Balance:
    14,329Coins
    Ratings:
    +2,229 / 17 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    I will take a look, but only tomorrow. Not sure it's possible
  18. Spoofy

Spoofy New Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, Arduino
    cool

many thanks Paul
  19. Nick Clements

Nick Clements Member

Balance:
    74Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SCN5, Arduino, Motion platform
    I have just added a 3rd motor so I can have Yaw in flight. My question is how do I add this to my existing setup?. I have managed it using a second arduino in simtools with no issues.

Attached Files:

20. Derfel

Derfel New Member

Balance:
    16Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    Hi does the mover work with any train simulators currently available?
    Thanks.