1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

FlyPT Mover

Discussion in 'FlyPt Mover' started by pmvcda, May 30, 2019.

1. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Here is the vid.
    Settings are all defaults from Xplane12, other than the check-boxes for the actual data.

2. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    I do need a bit of a help with my other FlyPT project though.

I've built a joystick, based on the load-cells as the sensors for the input.
    It works great!
    Trying to get together an updated video to show its current progress. Here is the original thread if anyone is interested: https://www.xsimulator.net/communit...load-cell-design-pseudo-force-feedback.17290/

The "force-feedback" part is that I'm reading MSFS's telemetry for the aircraft's speed, via FlyPT's "Simple Direct" and connecting its "actuator key" to an additional OUTPUT that outputs that Simple Direct byte via a COM port to the Arduino that controls my joystick.

Based on the aircraft speed value that comes in, Arduino then governs the amount of physical force I have to put on the load cells, to deflect virtual joystick by X amount of degrees.

Example:
    • 10 degree joystick deflection at 60 knots, input force is 5lb.
    • 10 degree joystick deflection at 120 knots, input force is 10lb.

Anyway, this all works as intended, that is not my question.

As part of me learning to code, I wanted to introduce a controllable refresh rate for joystick within Arduino.
    Basically to listen to Serial at an X interval in millis rather than every run of the Loop() function.

Might be a stupid idea, but I'm experimenting. The concept works though, as the joystick in Windows responds just fine with this refresh rate and I'm getting a relatively smooth experience with around 25ms cycle to get the Serial data for the joystick and data from the load-cells.

The problem is that if I have Serial.available in this refresh loop, FlyPT hangs on the disconnect.

After some head-scratching, I finally did see the "Interval loops" in my FlyPT OUTPUT module, which by default is at 2ms. By changing it to 12 loops(24 ms) it seems like it is working as expected and there is no more hangup on Disconnect from FlyPT.

I guess my question is, what governs this Disconnect and communication between FlyPT and a COM port that they have to be in sync like this. Overall the joystick work as expected even when the timing is out of sync, it is just that "Connect" / "Disconnect" button that gets hung up if the refresh rates are not close to each other.

Here is a quick video of the behavior, I had to unplug the USB cord to get the FlyPT to respond, hence the error you'll see:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
  3. hexpod

hexpod http://heXpod.xyz

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Thank you for the assistance. For some stupid reason, no way to get the data. Finally I copied the XP11 “X-Plane.prf” file to get the data.
  4. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Do you experience mover stopping sending telemetry after a while in XP12 like I do ?
  5. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    I'm still on a Demo version of the Xplane12, so I can't fly more than 15 minutes (I think its 15 minutes in Demo). Still on a fence of getting it for 60$. Seems to be working for the full demo flight though.
  6. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Message to @pmvcda

XP12 kicking issue

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    I found an overcome by triggering the pause and the sources at the same time so plz. ignore my previous post
  8. chenyao052

chenyao052 New Member

Engineer
    Balance:
    1Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, AC motor, Motion platform, 4DOF, 6DOF
    Hi man,
    posted private conversation days ago related on WASHOUT filters, but not hearing from u.
    can u share some samples on the angle washing out.

Best
  9. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    Yes, I’ll post my profiles for XP12 this week. As it’s pretty different (especially for ground behavior) I need some time
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. hexpod

Balance:
    7,091Coins
    Ratings:
    +336 / 5 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, 6DOF
    A short request.

could you check plz. if you are getting the data even with the checkbook “send network data” unchecked??

Also if I change the port to something else than 49000 it doesn’t forward it to Mover.

If you could check those two scenarios I will be grateful

thanks
    F4379225-81D2-4607-88F6-B0A4190A891C.jpeg
    • Like Like x 1
  11. stil550

stil550 New Member

Balance:
    268Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Arduino
    Turning off "Send network data output" still produces values in the Source for XP12 in FlyPT.
    Changing port to something else other than 49000 does stop data from coming in.
  12. hannibal

hannibal Active Member

Balance:
    4,489Coins
    Ratings:
    +297 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    6DOF
    i found my way to your mover profile, and trying to learn from it.
    but i see some inconsistencies between what your profile offers and what mover allows for telemetry

you have a few poses for rear left, rear right, front left, front right surface.. but i dont see it in the hooks.lua script
    also there is a noise pose you have for wheel break, but also another telemetry value that does not show up in the DCS UDP+LUA source

@pmvcda
    i know you a busy guy, greatful for what you have done for us with your work onmover.. i hope there is an update in future for the DCS hook.lua script. and maybe even an updated mover

i see a few values not sending out telemetry for the DCS UDP+LUA source...
    local mechInfo=Export.LoGetMechInfo()
    --[[
    gear = {status,value,main = {left = {rod},right = {rod},nose = {rod}}}
    flaps = {status,value}
    speedbrakes = {status,value}
    refuelingboom = {status,value}
    airintake = {status,value}
    noseflap = {status,value}
    parachute = {status,value}
    wheelbrakes = {status,value}
    hook = {status,value}
    wing = {status,value}
    canopy = {status,value}
    controlsurfaces = {elevator = {left,right},eleron = {left,right},rudder = {left,right}}

also wondering if eleron is a typo for aileron?

attached is @deadlymanager 's mover DCS heli profile, and the hook.lua script provided with the mover 3.5.3

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2022
  13. parkerfly5150

parkerfly5150 New Member

Balance:
    13Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Hi all! I have a 3DOF 4 actuator (150mm) cockpit that I've been using PT Mover with for about two months now exclusively with DCS World flight sim. Coming from SimRacingStudio, PT Mover has much more realistic response but I'm plagued by some violent telemetry when hooking up to the catapult on carrier missions and for the life of me can't figure out why I can't filter it out.

I've narrowed it down to Surge (Longitudinal acceleration) as the culprit but it seems that whatever I put in the Surge filter within the Pose doesn't help. I've tried using CROP, EMALP with EMAHP, filters with just about every possible number combo imaginable. Tried lowering in-gain, out-gain with no success. Admittedly, I'm still completely overwhelmed with all of the options/variables and do not have much success yet understanding how to properly utilize the graphics visualization with in-game telemetry. I have separate Air/Ground poses. I'd certainly like to experience the thrill of the catapult but at this point have to set surge to manual when I'm on a carrier mission.

Any insight anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there's a way, I'm just not able to find it yet.

Thank you!
  14. dureiken

dureiken Active Member

Balance:
    1,176Coins
    Ratings:
    +165 / 2 / -0
    HI :)

is there a version where launching a profile automatically launch flypt virtual tracker ? I have 0.5.3 and I have to open the windows manually for having tracker.

thanks
  15. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I have battled this same issue for a while. I have a 100mm actuator setup (SFX100).

I can upload my profile later that has this issue tuned out 99%. Its tuned specifically for the F/A-18 and is tuned for motion cues, not angles. You could even just copy my surge to help you out a bit.
  16. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Unzip the file. Tuned for 100mm actuators.

Be aware though, occasionally some shake will find its way through. I wish DCS would improve their telemetry.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  17. parkerfly5150

parkerfly5150 New Member

Balance:
    13Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Thank you!!! I'll dig into your profile and see what I can changes I can make. I sure appreciate it!

Curious if you see another issue I have with the afterburners on. I fly the F-14 and more often than not, lighting the afterburners reaching speeds above Mach 1, I start developing a heave bounce that grows stronger and stronger to the point where I have to either back of the throttle and change angle or it get's bad enough I hit the stop motion button. Ever experience anything like that with the F-18? I'll compare what you have in your profile to see if I can nail down the issue. Again... thank you!
  18. Roller2525

Roller2525 Member

Balance:
    217Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    No problem! The more we can bounce ideas, the better we can create profiles.

No, I haven't experienced that with the F14 or F18.. not sure what that could be...
  19. Marco Annunziata

Marco Annunziata Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    632Coins
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Motion platform, 6DOF
    Hello everybody,
    does someone else have problems using "OpenVR Motion Compensation" working together with FlyPt mover virtual tracker addons on Stem VR? If I enable the MotionPose addon and OOvrmotioncompensation together on Steam VR it continues to crash vice-versa if I disable the MotionPose, but if I leave enabled the OOvrmotioncompensation addon Stem VR doesn't crash anymore. I use it on Windows 11.

Thank you in advance
  20. GWiz

GWiz Active Member

Dentist
    Balance:
    1,453Coins
    Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor, Arduino, 6DOF
    You either need to use an older Beta version of SteamVR or better, update the DLL file using the one @Wagnard made found here:

https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/openvr-motioncompensation.14576/page-16
    • Friendly Friendly x 1