1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Floriske.nl's 2DOF Playseat GT Wiper motor Project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by floriske.nl, Feb 8, 2012.

1. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Thx! A bit too shiny imho though, due to that you see every minor dent and flaw in the (and there are quite a few since the motors are around 25+ year old) motor housing. But as mentioned most of it will be out of sight so I can live with it ;)
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I found out something...it doesnt matter how good or bad a sim looks, once you are on it and it moves well, you dont care what it looks like :thbup:
  3. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]

Powered by:
    [​IMG]

Some more progress on the motor assemblies, finishes one of them as far as possible:

First of all, the motor mounts:
    [​IMG]
    Eventhough the motors run slightly faster in one direction than in the other I took the risk of mirror mounting them because this simply looks better.

Next I assembled one of the motors:
    [​IMG]
    (Don't mind the greasy fingers, I'll clean those of once finished ;) )

And finally mounted it all together:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Must say I'm very pleased with the result :D
  4. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]

Powered by:
    [​IMG]

Just mounted the other motor assembly as well:
    [​IMG]
    Now you can see what I meant with mirror mounting the motors, this way they both stick to the back, imho better than one sticking forward
  5. BartS

BartS Member

Balance:
    417Coins
    Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    nice work floriske, I like that you have it all new looking.
  6. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    Thx!

Now let's hope the motors will do their job nicely and won't break down on me ;)
    I allready had to make new brackets to keep the magnets in place in one motor because one was broken (just in case... I made a second set for the other motor as well) and hope they won't show more quirks during the process.
  7. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]

Powered by:
    [​IMG]

Finally got to do some more work on my build the past few days.

First of all I printed a template for my platforms on 12 A3 sheets, glued them together and cut them:
    [​IMG]

After drawing the top platform onto my plywood I could cut of the extruding piece which results in the base shape for the bottom plaform:
    [​IMG]

And finally after cutting them with the hacksaw, rounding the edges with my router and some sanding here's the result:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  8. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer
    Balance:
    27Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]

Powered by:
    [​IMG]

Last weekend a friend of mine welded my pivot.

Here's what it looked like after welding and cleaning of the paint and exces rust:
    [​IMG]

After the paint job together with all the other parts:
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately they send me 2 pink springs instead of all red ones, but new red ones are on their way!

And after assembling:
    [​IMG]
    It was getting dark, hence the crappy picture, but I'll try to take better ones together with the next update.

The best spots for the spring will have to be determined after building the entire rig, for now I placed them at the end because this was the easiest.

They are pretty strong so I reckon eventually they will have to stay pretty close to the pivot.
  9. riton

riton Active Member

Balance:
    1,006Coins
    Ratings:
    +103 / 3 / -0
    very cool!
    nice work! :clap: :hi:
    i like!
  10. floriske.nl

floriske.nl Member

Graphic Designer