1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Resolved First Beta test for a K8055 Interface - SimTools

Discussion in 'SimTools compatible interfaces' started by eaorobbie, Jun 19, 2014.

?

Is mutiply K8055 simulators a want or not needed

1. Want

85.7%
  2. Not Needed

14.3%
  1. eaorobbie

eaorobbie Well-Known Member SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, SimforceGT, 6DOF
    Thanks @billo2404, Yes I have tested and built the app around those principles,
    The sabertooth is now in my hot hands so my testing will begin over the weekend, cross me fingers I will have something ready on Monday.
    Have you run a test of the app ?

Thanks again.
  2. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    purtroppo ancora no, ho un bambino di 10 mesi che occupa gran parte del mio tempo libero, ma nel fine settimana dovrei avere un po' di tempo da dedicare al sim ;)

Unfortunately no, I have a 10 month old baby occupies most of my free time, but over the weekend I should have some time to devote to the sim ;)
  3. FurloSim

FurloSim New Member

Balance:
    321Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    Hello ! I'm new here in the Forum but I'm 'old' in the X-simulator project :grin. I want to say thank you to @earobbie for the work that he's doing , It's very usefull for me !
    At the moment I can't test your beta program because I'm not at home till at the end of july. Anyway I'm checking the post for the update everyday and I hope that I'll can help you for develop with Vellman an sabertooth on the SimTools Project, It would be great if we could use this fantastic software with our hardware.
    Thank you so much indeed !:rolleyes:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    New app well be uploaded later today , got it tracking with the pot nicely.

Thanks @Rastus for the lend of the sabertooth, helped me sort the code with speed.

Thanks for all the support . @-kevin- , @FurloSim , @billo2404, @cyberxu.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok guys think we might have it, now contains a speed control for the motors overall speed.
    Let me know and inverting now works too.
    App in First Post will update instructions tomorrow too.
    I feel Im close.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok beta 2 is here, I have both motors moving with dynamic speed control plus the ability to scaleback and invert the pot.
    Please check that both motors can move independently and now you can save and load all your setting too.
    First setup all your setting then press save, if you just exit they will be lost.
    On reloading , just press load after the form has loaded and all your save setting return.

Please give it a trail , last bit is to hook it into simtools and I think we are done. Well testing and time will tell.
    Open for any suggestions too guys.

Thanks for all the support . @Rastus , @-kevin- , @FurloSim , @billo2404 , @cyberxu .
  7. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Nearly there guys , just cleaning it up.
    And waiting test results before releasing the final product:

Spoiler alert:
    K8055 app working.png

Just need prettying up and final checks , but working on my PC, Both motors.:nerd
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. yobuddy

yobuddy Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Computer Technician
    Balance:
    48,148Coins
    Ratings:
    +5,036 / 16 / -0
  9. FurloSim

FurloSim New Member

Balance:
    321Coins
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF

Thank you so much for your help :thumbs 22 days and finally I will be able to try your work .
  10. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    @ eaorobbie Grazie per questo fantastico lavoro!!!!
    Sperò che il mio inglese con googletraslate sia comprensibile perchè dall' inglese all'italiano a volte è difficile capire:
    Ho fatto qualche test con l' ultima versione, ma purtroppo non ho nessun feedback dai potenziometri e quando connetto la carta velleman ho un errore che non so se influisca sulla prova.
    Comunque riesco a regolare la velocita e questo è già un traguardo. Purtroppo ho rotazione in un solo senso.
    Farò comunque altre prove anche perchè potrei aver sbagliato qualcosa io.
    Se può essere utile io uso la DLL 5.0.0.0
    Vorrei farti notare anche una piccola cosa:nel software i motori si chiamano entrambi motor1

@ eaorobbie thanks for this fantastic work!!!.He hoped that my English is understandable because googletraslate from English into Italian is sometimes difficult to understand: I did some testing with the latest version, but unfortunately I have no feedback from potentiometers, and when I plug the velleman card I get an error that I do not know if affecting the trial. However I can adjust the speed and this is already an achievement. Unfortunately I rotate in only one direction.I will however other tests because I may have missed something I.If it can be useful I use DLL 5.0.0.0 I would get you noticed one little thing: in the software engines call both motor1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    Ciao Furlosim e Ciao billo tutto ok non ti preoccupare la DLL 5.0.0.0 ce l'ho anche io e funziona benissimo cera un problema ma eaorobbie ha risolto tutto!! Stasera ho fatto un giro con formula 1 2013 :De ovviamente con simtools i movimenti sono molto buoni devo ancora imparare bene il software ma a primo impatto sembra ottimo!!! e anche molto semplice da configurare...

Un grande grazie a EAOrobbie per tutto il lavoro che ha svolto con l'applicazione per k8055:cheers e anche a yobuddy per aver creato Simtools:cheers e ovviamente a tutta la comunità;)

Hello Furlosim and Hello billo's okay do not worry about the DLL 5.0.0.0 I have myself and it works fine wax eaorobbie a problem but sorted it all out! Tonight I took a tour with formula 1 2013 :D and obviously with simtools movements are very good I have yet to learn good software but at first glance it seems great! and also very simple to set up ...
    A big thanks to EAOrobbie for all the work he has done with the application for K8055 :cheersand also yobuddy for creating Simtools:cheersand of course to the whole community of xsimulator;)
    • Like Like x 2
  12. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    ottima notizia....probabilmente ho fatto qualche sciocchezza io :think
    L' importante è che sia tutto ok....un brindisi a eaorobbie :cheers
    Appena ho un po' di tempo farò qualche altra prova:thumbs

great news .... probably I did some nonsense I the important thing is that everything is ok .... a toast to eaorobbie as soon as I have some time I will do a few more try
  13. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    This is great news could not have done it with out the support of you guys (@Rastus , @-kevin- , @FurloSim , @billo2404 , @cyberxu, this is what makes this community N01 in DIY Simulators.

So V1 of the app will be released in the resource section soon, with some proper instructions of setting up and usage for manual testing and game testing.

V2 will come shortly which has a more user friendly GUI and is built for multithreading, brings it in line,
    plus obtains the super cool carbon fibre look too.

Sneek Peek V2

K8055 final app.png

We can happy say now K8055 simulators ARE supported in SimTools.
    Thanks guys.
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. -kevin-

-kevin- Fast e Furious

Termo Tecnico industriale
    Balance:
    138Coins
    Ratings:
    +175 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, SimforceGT, 4DOF
    All this I say one word only ... (Great). :cheers

Happy holidays / work at all ;)
  15. cyberxu

cyberxu Member

AME Planner
    Balance:
    526Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Excellent eaorobbie,

I finally tried my seat the first time.....it 's great. just need to fine tune it abit. i felt the movement isn't strong enough. i had the roll and pitch working in the right direction. :cheers
    can you show me how to increase the movement.

thank you for your hard work.
    can't wait to try the V2!
  16. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    Ok now depending on how much axis movement you have set will depend on its amount it will move.
    Once you have it up and running please tune in SimTools like this:

1.Start GameEngine and GameManager, do not start game yet.
    2.Modify the Axis Assignments in the GameEngine so that Roll is the only force with a % - 20%
    3.Start Game and connect the K8055 if not already.
    4.Now try to keep the game in a window , easier to work with
    5.Take the car/plane for a run and check the direction is correct, ie which way it rolls, may need inverting.
    6.Now if you don't seem to be reaching the limit(20%) you need to open the Tuning Centre from the taskbar
    7. Tuning Centre - press Capture and lower the values for the Roll and press Save and then Stop.
    8. If it was reaching it too soon then repeat 7 but increase the values.
    9. Once happy with the Roll - Close and stop the GameManager
    10.Open the GameEngine - Axis Settings and change % of roll to 0 and set another force to 20% and then restart the GameManger and tune it the same way. Repeat till all are done.

Once all tuned then reset all the % to 20% and test the overall plugin , sometimes a little more fine tuning is needed after by then you know how and which to tune.

Now if its a question of app not reacting quick enough then move the response bar to quicken its response up , by the way if using the newer cards they should run better with the timings set between 2-10 where the older version should be run at 20 but through my testing seem to be stable at 5.

A write up on how to use is coming too, this will clear a lot up.

If you only want to use 2 forces in the Axis settings for example , just Roll and Pitch then set the % to 50 each then it still totals 100% of the axis used. For 3 forces I would recommend 33% each , for 4 forces use 25% , this way no motion responses from the game is lost and you are using 100% of the actuator travel.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. billo2404

billo2404 Member

Balance:
    1,236Coins
    Ratings:
    +36 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    AC motor, 6DOF
    ciao eaorobbie, finalmente grazie a simtools vedo il sim prendere vita.
    Ora però (sto testando solo con un portatile e lfs) non ho rollio nel gioco e anche il movimento di picth sembra essere spesso fuoritempo.
    Per semplificare la prova ho impostato solo roll e picth e nel test del movimento tutto sembra giusto:
    Roll: 100% si piega verso sinistra
    roll: -100% si piega verso destra
    picth 100% si piega in avanti
    picth -100% si piega all' indietro
    quando però carico il gioco i motori si muovono quasi sempre insieme, questo è il video dove si vede come si comporta.
    credo che ci sia qualcosa che non va, puoi aiutarmi?
    Grazie in anticipo

Hi eaorobbie, thanks to finally see the sim simtools come alive.
    But now (I'm testing with only a laptop and lfs) I didn't roll in the game and also the picth movement seems to be often fuoritempo.
    To simplify the test I set only roll and picth and motion test everything seems right:
    Roll: 100% bends to the left
    roll: -100% bends to the right
    100% picth bend forward
    -100% picth bend backwards
    but when I load the game engines are almost always together, here is a video where you can see how it behaves.
    I think there is something wrong, can you help?
    Thanks in advance

18. eaorobbie

CAD Detailer
    Balance:
    20,398Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,683 / 23 / -2
    My Motion Simulator:
    What is your Axis Assignments for Live For Speed.?
    As in open GameEngine - Axis Assignments.
    If default moved everything the correct way then press Load Default and this will load the Default Axis Assignments and retest.

If not you may find you need to invert Roll on one Axis to correct the movement.
    I like to setup one force at a time so I can isolate its movement only and then I can use the Tuning Centre to get the motion to my liking per game as well. Once I have one right, I reset its axis setting to 0 and test another, once happy with all I then reset all to the % of axis I want and do a final fine tune.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. cyberxu

cyberxu Member

AME Planner
    Balance:
    526Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    HI Robbie,

I finally got a chance to try the V2 you send me. I have to start all over...I broke my Pots and now when I started up my Simtool engine, noticed the interface 1 setting are all gone...I try to remember what the output setting and ip setting were.. Would you have happen to have a screenshot of it. I can't believe I lost every thing after a vacation.

Cyberxu
  20. cyberxu

cyberxu Member

AME Planner
    Balance:
    526Coins
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Robbie,

Here is my screenshot after I setting my pots in neutral position. as soon as I check the connect to simtool box, it went haywire. Could you take a look what have I done wrong or miss? I have patched my FS9 profile no problem. Simtool manager showed connected(green).

Cyberxu.

Attached Files: