1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question Fidelity Between Sims

Discussion in 'Ready, set, go - Start your engines' started by Brett Horton, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Brett Horton

Brett Horton Active Member

Program Manager / Pilot
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, JRK, Motion platform
    Has anyone else noticed a difference between their sims?
    I have the most detail in RaceRoom Racing Experience, then Assetto Corsa, then PCars 2
    While AC and R3e are pretty damn close, PCars is just not as detailed. Even using Sim Vibe, the vibrations are not as detailed. Anyone else noticed this?
    Any remedies?
  2. Brett Horton

Program Manager / Pilot
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    No one running these sims has an opinion or observation?
  3. Brett Horton

Program Manager / Pilot
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Still just crickets lol
  4. Zed

Zed VR Simming w/Reverb Gold Contributor

Balance:
    5,834Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,043 / 4 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK
    Do you mean the tracks? I don’t have much to compare but the Monza high bank oval seems to have bigger bumps in AC than PC2. Haven’t had as much time in sim as I wanted here recent. Cleaning up all my build mess.
  5. Brett Horton

Program Manager / Pilot
    Balance:
    118Coins
    Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    yes sir tracks, So I feel PCars 2 has MORE defined "rolling" meshes but less smaller details than say AC and R3E.
    I will tinker with my rates more this weekend, but I just cannot (As easily) get the details in the track as I can with other sims (Even PCars 1)
  6. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Member

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    I am under the impression that AC is more realistic than R3E and PC. Do you have any effects on? Like the bump-effect in AC?
    And what about the driving itself? For me, R3E feels just like a lot of effects, not like a proper sim. It's also a lot easier to drive because of that.

I think you have to be aware of what is realistic and what feels nice, is that a possibility for the difference?
  7. SEHATanguy

SEHATanguy Member

Balance:
    96Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    For me AC is better than PC and RRE, the felling feels more real on it than the otters, but I never tried iRacing
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Javo5

Javo5 Active Member

Balance:
    293Coins
    Ratings:
    +52 / 3 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    I have the better feeling with rFactor 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Member

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -0
    I have to add, after trying Assetto Corsa Competizione, AC feels like a toy. True, the steering (damping) feels far from perfect, but you can feel all other factors allready and it is amazing. Huge improvement and I think the best sim there is out now.