1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question FFB Problem with my wheel

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Building Q&A / FAQ' started by Jordn, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Jordn

Jordn New Member

Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    Hello everyone this is my first post here and I need your help.

My wheel works fine at low power but when I increase the ffb above 50% on EMC, it only takes a few moves of the flywheel for the ffb to stop working.

I built my wheel with a Leonardo arduino, a bts7960 motor controller and a mitsumi m36n-5e motor (a motor a little more powerful than a 550 but not as powerful as a 775).
    I use the paid version of EMC, version 1.02 witch is the last version compatible with arduino.
    I power this thing with a 24V 20A power supply, the type of power supply found on 3D printers so I don’t think the problem come from here.

Should I put two bts 7960 in parallel, or maybe the problem comes from the arduino and I will have to change the board to have the latest version of EMC?

I don't know why this loss of FFB happens I would like your opinion on this. Thanks
  2. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hello there.
    I use EMC pro too.
    can I look your wheel base setup? what pulley ratio do you use?
    If I may give you a suggestion, you should upgrade your motor.
    I think your motor torque is too little, and its so hunger of power just like RS motor and its take a lot heat on the BTS 7960.
    I use my6812 motor and use a 15T and 110T 3D printed pulley, and only use one BTS 7960.
    I think its a standard formula to get a proper FFB and not to overburden the motor.
    btw, you can still use your arduino, its not the cause of the loss FFB.

254150465_10220002810405555_4396739802029504693_n.jpg
  3. Jordn

Jordn New Member

Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor
    70550996-0301-4C18-9B87-5E28CB751E04.jpeg
    Thanks for your reply.
    I attached a picture if you want to see how it looks; it’s based on a Logitech g27. Sorry it's a bit of a mess on the picture, I'm still building it.
    The pulley ratio is 1:9.9. I use a 336 mm GT2 belt with a 16T metal pulley and a 158T 3D printed one.
    I’ll try to test with a stronger motor to see if it works better. Can I put something more powerful than a my6812 with the bts 7960 or is it the best I can get with my setup ?
  4. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    thats a nice ratio, and its enough to pair it with bigger motor.
    yes you can put bigger motor on bts 7960.
    just make sure, you have good cooling fan for the bts
  5. Jordn

Jordn New Member

Balance:
    34Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    DC motor

Ok thanks for your answer.
    Luckily I managed to disassemble the same DC motor the my6812 from an old electric scooter so it should work perfectly once I have adapted the whole setup.
    59695D82-76A8-489B-9700-FDBDE2AB56AE.jpeg
  6. itsumairu

itsumairu Active Member

Psychologist
    Balance:
    394Coins
    Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    thats great.
    let me know how it works