1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Request (Feature) FAQ section to be included in search results.

Discussion in 'Forum and Website' started by RandomCoder, Oct 11, 2017.

1. RandomCoder

RandomCoder Active Member Gold Contributor

Control Engineer
    Balance:
    1,674Coins
    Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    Would it be possible to have the FAQ section of the website included in forum Search results?
    I'm referring to this FAQ... https://www.xsimulator.net/community/faq/
    And not the forum one.

Maybe the most relevant FAQ topic could be given the top position if one exists as these topics are far more useful to new users like me than wading through several long posts.

Just an idea to help improve the forum for new users. :)
  2. value1

value1 Nerd SimAxe Beta Tester SimTools Developer Gold Contributor

Balance:
    14,509Coins
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 11 / -1
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, JRK, Joyrider
    When I want to find something on XSimulator I actually use Google and specify the site, e.g.: "6dof site:xsimulator.net"
    This brings up also the results from the FAQ section.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    Thanks for the suggestion @RandomCoder @value1
    I integrated the google search. So now you can search through the faq section and all other content
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1