1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

F1 2010 (codemasters)

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by egoexpress, Jun 21, 2010.

1. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    http://www.gametrailers.com/game/f1-2010/12889

Looks amazing Imho. Not 100% simulation, but a lot of fun for sure :happy:
  2. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Amazing indeed! It will be very realistic in simulation I think.
  3. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    I assume the raindrops will be the most realistic parts of that game :) Codemasters is well known as publisher/developer for nice arcarde games like grid. The developer explain that from the beginning they started developing a simulation which can be decreased to a arcarde mode, and not the opposing way, but that reminds me on the same statements EA made about Need for Speed Shift and as we all know, it is only a nice looking arcade game and not more.

Br René
  4. CXCSimulations

CXCSimulations Member

Balance:
    - 9Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I have to agree. They have disappointed before. I think the term simulation is relative anyway. More realistic compared to what? I am holding out hope that they are correct though :)

The problem will always be that they have to cater to their largest market to ensure good sales. That will always be the arcade market I'm afraid. It's just a fact of life. Why spend the extra development funds creating a hyper realistic simulator when %95 of your market will just dial it back to arcade level? It doesn't make financial sense.
  5. Fahim

Fahim Member

Balance:
    245Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  6. Hdale85

Hdale85 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I have the game, and it's very realistic if you ask me. You can set it up for an easier to play setup but if you turn all the assists and stuff off I'm not sure anything else could come as close.
  7. RaceRay

RaceRay Administrator Staff Member SimAxe Beta Tester

Self-employed | Web and application development
    Balance:
    23,840Coins
    Ratings:
    +1,968 / 13 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, SimAxe, SimforceGT
    I tested it as well:

- If you look from behind, you see that the car is hovering over the street. It does not seem as the tires are close to the street, there are shadows under the tires. Thats only a graphical faul, but i also got the feeling that the street has no physical tire effect. The tires are not jumping (independately) when i am driving for example over curbs, it seems that they are fixed and you almost think codemasters does not know the common 4 point tire supension.

- The force feedback in corners is nearly zero and not feeling good in other ways at well.

- when i am braking strong, i got the feeling someone was smearing superglue on my tires, no feeling of blockading tires.

- its realy hard to bring the car off the street, it drives like beeing on rails

These are my impressions when i play that game the first time. I compared it with rfactor out of the box. I am not interested in tuning a game and spending a lot of time until it feels realistic. I never sat in a real formula 1 car and have not a hunch how it really feels like, but that games is far away from my imagination how it should feel.

btw. i drove without any assistance!

Regards, René
  8. Frakk

Frakk Active Member

Balance:
    328Coins
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Chris pointed out important points here: Realistic compared to what? For a console/game pad/keyboard player the game is pretty realistic! :D
    We, who look for realistic physics and simulation, are a very small group of people compared to the above group. It is obvious that CM has to sell the product in order stay in business. The programmer's budget and hours are very limited, they have to make the most of what they can and look at the over all package. Physics is only a small part of a racing game.

And realism of a game could be defined in many many ways. Realistic regarding what?
    You can have realistic cars, and not spaceships racing.
    ...realistic tracks; realistic environment, story line, drivers, pit stops and so on..... and to a lot of people realistic physics is in the end of the list.

I agree that physics would be one of the most important aspecs, but how many times have you seen a product be successful not because of engineering and design, but purely because it looks good and overmarketed?
  9. Hdale85

Hdale85 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well I don't have motion simulation or a racing wheel currently (Christmas hopefully) but I felt it was much more realistic then many other simulators I've played before. Obviously you're not going to find many games that are more realistic then LFS, Rfactor, and the likes simply because those were made FOR simulators. One thing I don't like about those games though is there is no story line or real game other then playing others. You have to join some sort of online league to get that aspect of it.