1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

ExSim Design Project

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by ExMan, Oct 8, 2008.

1. ExMan

ExMan New Member

Apps Engineer
    Balance:
    4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have sketched up a a number of possible designs and this seems to be what seems to be the best at this time. I am questioning the pitch axis point. It is a bit hard to identify since there is also a Z axis and motion will likely be more fluid with this type of setup. I am looking for feedback on something I may be missing regarding the initial design process of the pitch axis.

This is a 3DOF sim with 2 actuator mounted at mid thigh level and a third actuator approximately 22 inches behind the seat at the same level. There will be 30 degrees of both pitch and roll and the actuator attachment points will end up allowing 18 inches of Z axis.

Feedback is greatly appreciated. I don't think I will be able to build more than one of these.

Attached Files:

2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    I am not sure what you are asking for. I am able to see a seat in two positions.

Regards
    Christian
  3. ExMan

ExMan New Member

Apps Engineer
    Balance:
    4Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just looking for feedback regarding the point of axis that the pitch is adjusted on. If the pitch axis is up by your shoulders, your butt is pushed forward and up and your head backwards and down. If the pitch axis is down by your butt, your back and and head are whipped back and up and your butt just pivots on axis and moves up a bit, it doesn't move forward or down. Just wondering from a realism standpoint does it make a big difference where the axis point is and what movements your body makes to simulate the forces of driving?