1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Electric Actuators english/polish please

Discussion in 'Motor actuators and drivers' started by BgrPL, Oct 31, 2007.

1. BgrPL

BgrPL New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone

At the beginning I'd like to say you're doing here a great job guys which helping newbies like myself a LOT !
    Due to my very poor knowledge of german language i have to use english topics on this forum only, which is not enough sometimes.

I've been thinking a lot to use Electric actuators like this one:

http://www.eu.iai-gmbh.de/produkte.sele ... ukte_id=93

if not then

use pneumatic solution with cylinders

Why couldn't we use Actuators instead of pneumatics, looks like this one is pretty fast 1000mm/s ?

If I go for Actuators what drivers/controllers i have to look for ?

If I go for pneumatic suspension, what kind of compressor I shall looking for ? any ideas about quiet one ?? instead of noisy monster shaking the walls :)

This is my only problem at the moment, as I've got frame build already, and I'm looking for help to get this mechanical part solved.

I'm looking forward to hear from you.[/b]
  2. tronicgr

tronicgr

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome!

The electric actuators you mention looks fast!

High Speed 1000mm/s (SMR-H type), Maximum Payload 60kg (SMR-M type)

But I'm worried by this:

Multiple points positioning up to 16 positions is possible

Maybe they have their own position controller? Can this controller discarded and use them as DC motors?

Anyway what is their prize?

EDIT: Never mind I just noticed this:

RoboCylinder Servo RCS is an electric actuator with ball screw, linear guide and AC servo motor

and this:

In Europe, 20 and 30W actuators are to be operated by exclusive RCS-C 24VDC type controller while 60W or more actuators are to be operated by E-CON.

Regards, Thanos
  3. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Welcome!

Pneumatic cylinders are as well acutators^^ ;D

But to answer your question:
    Such electric acutators are damn expensive.
    If you have enough money to buy them, then go on! I am sure Thanos interface will be able to drive them.

I cannot afford them^^

regards
    Christian