1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Ego's SimForceGT - with DC actuators

Discussion in 'DIY Motion Simulator Projects' started by egoexpress, Sep 6, 2007.

1. wannabeaflyer

wannabeaflyer Active Member

Balance:
    969Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    :hi: Christian major thanks for the honest reply... its a good thing that you explained a few things about the firgellis actuators . i had assumed that they could be controlled by PWM as i will be using Thanos's PCBs as the controller and the issue with noise on the pots is also important info ... i might have a bit more time to look at the performance of these units and give some feedback. at this stage i am willing to take the chance and go ahead and order 2 of these units ( hell here in the uk they work out about the same price as 2 Decent PS3 games so think i can swing that :lol: ) i will keep an eye on the plastic nut issue and check out alternate mounting of the Feedback pot ( i belive you mentioned Robert ? Has he posted some info ? is his work under a different Username ? ) Very grateful for the advice Chrictian as always graet work guys..
  2. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    They work quite good with pwm now.

The issue is, that they've put the pot wires into the same cable like the power wires. In case you are running them with constant DC, there is not prob. When driving them with pwm, the pwm affects the signal of the built-in pot.

I am running them with Thanos AMC.1,5 as well. After the cable seperation, it works fine now.
    If you are going to oder a pair, you should go for shorter ones (more acurat positioning, when used for a SimfoceGT setup).

Robert used slider pots with some kind of leaverage, to reduce the stroke lenght of the rod to the stroke lenght of the pot:
    download/file.php?id=1290&mode=view

Regards
    Christian
  3. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    969Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi Again Christian thanks for the link ...i can understand what he has done i belive its a straight Link with the pivot point adjusted to give the correct output travell to match the slider pot travel so that do'able as they say cheers :cheers: nail biting time for me as im about to power up my h bridge and then AMC controller cards :yippiee: but nervous.. :lol:
  4. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    However, I'd prefer the built-in pots, even with the need of the additional tinkering.

Good luck with the AMC1.5

Christian
  5. wannabeaflyer

Balance:
    969Coins
    Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    :hi: Christian 8) just a quick thought before i go through my order for the firgellia Actuators, you mentioned shorter stroke length type actuator, did you have a size in mind, from what i have read people using wiper motors can count on a maximum of 4 (101.6mm ) i assume that means 50mm either side of the center position when the platform is level of travel. does that mean ideally the actuator should be say 150mm to allow for over/under-travel ( 25mm safety zone at both ends ) did you have a recommended model in mind (no i wont hold you responsible when i break it :rofl: ) just to give me a guide when im checking and comparing specifications ... :cheers:
  6. egoexpress

egoexpress Active Member

Balance:
    421Coins
    Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    150mm is fine.
  7. raul2r2

raul2r2 New Member

Balance:
    0Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi All!...
    This is my first post here, but i was reading this forum for some time now... I want to build an hybrid motion platform for racing/flight simulations and i have a stupid theory and i want to debate with you. I'm interested in SimForceGt and Tronic motions platform designs. I read quiete a bit but i could found about the performance/sensations that simforcegt using as flight motion simulator. Some of you would say that for that environment Tronic's motions simulator is best option but i'm not sure about this, because tronic solutions haven't got the same degrees of freedom that an airplane... for example i can make turns with 90º degrees that tronic solutions can't simulate... This is the first reason because i think that the idea behind simforcegt about simulate forces (and the latency/speed of the design) more than movement is best suited for my purpouse. And here is my question... Anyone have tested this kind of design (simforcegt/frex) whith flight simulators? Can you talk me about your experiences?...
    Thank you in advance... an please continue the excellent work that your are doing pushing diy motion simulators for public...
    P.D.: I know that the best solution would be a 6DOF solutions... but my pocket/brain can't afford it.
  8. 914tom

914tom Member

Balance:
    - 30Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hallo zusammen,

hier war immer von den firelli actuatoren die rede .... da gibt es ja 100derte.
    nur ne kleine frage, welchen hast du denn nu verbaut?

Danke
    TOM