1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

downloaded takatec display and now what???

Discussion in 'Off Topic - All other stuff here' started by f1iceman, Sep 28, 2015.

1. f1iceman

f1iceman Why So Serious ? ( The Joker )

Balance:
    781Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    how can i get this thing to work with the game assetto corsa??? its the ac takatec dash for assetto corsa but can i use an ipad for display or another screen ? im struggling to find how to install to get them to work.
    the programme will load the dash screen on my desk top but what next ?
    I do struggle with software.

thanx in advance for any replies to help :)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @f1iceman , I use the display myself and I set it up on a small LCD monitor , so I run 2 screens off my graphics card. The 7" monitor I bought off ebay, but I had to look for one that had VGA plug on it.
    I dont think it works off an ipad and wirelessly.
    I only have a video currently to show it

Using windows, I think I set up 2 screens, the smaller screen is 800 x 600 res, and I dragged the takatec display to the smaller screen. Now, from memory, I recall I had to go into the takatec program folder and find a config file, open it, and modify the resolution setting to suit the smaller screen.
    Yes it works spot on with AC, it does not affect motion or need a file re-written to suit.
    Cheers, David.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @f1iceman

drag and drop video of takatec to 2nd screen
    and a shot of control panel settings for 2nd screen (2 pics)
    20150929_185102.jpg 20150929_185116.jpg

EDIT, sorry hands shake, 1st shot is 1920 x 1080 settings
    • Like Like x 1
  4. f1iceman

Balance:
    781Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Thank you mate, i was trying to get it to work on one screen tbh as overlay.
    I will try later see how i get on, i have a lillyput monitor somewhere from an old carputer i was building be perfect that will.
    Also does it automaticaly work or do i have to install something to assetto corssa for it to work or is it a case it just works straight upo after adding the other screen :)
    just having a play tbh what i might want to build i'm going to enjoy what i have first then will settlke to what my build will be over time.
    Can not wait to get dash working now tho :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. f1iceman

Balance:
    781Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    love the videos did you just do them ?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @f1iceman , I just happen to have some time off work.
    Yes it works straight out of the "box" with AC and Race 07, no need to do anything, but close the white display that sometimes comes up over the motec display. You will see what I mean.
    Ys I did the 2nd video quickly today. Ist vid I had a while ago.
    with the 2nd screen, at one stage , I had a 17" monitor sitting next to my tv and I displayed takatec on it. These days I use a 7" monitor I bought off ebay
    As for the dash, I found out, and you should be ok, different parts of the world have different versions of the game. So Gamedash doesnt work with all games like its supposed to.
    It works with Assetto Corsa and Grid Autosport here, but does not work with Dirt Rally and Race 07, but in the north of the planet, it should. Us southerners have different game versions.
    DAve.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. f1iceman

Balance:
    781Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    your a star dave for help now i can go with what i ashumed would work.
    the bit that i was stuck was i seen a video with it running on the same screen as the game play and was trying to create that as i had not got my second screen here :) and due to lack of info i thought it must work straight out the box not much messing. you have saved me lots of looking around trying to get it to work on the same screen, its a case of get my other one and off i go then :) yay hope to have it sorted later today and will update.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. f1iceman

Balance:
    781Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Well that didn't go to plan today been trying to get the second screen up and the mini dp was not putting pic on or even extending my screen was showing and tried everything to get a pic from the desk top :-(
    I will try the hdmi mini dp adaptor next but lost the power pack for the screen i was going to try it with, then more bad luck i nipped me workshop and looked for my 7" liliput screen to which could not find so im guessing atm the people who robbed me took it. typical that if they have as been sat trying to find a use for it and when i do its gone :-( it might show up got some more boxs to look thru but i seem to think it was just on a shelf in its box.
    will have another go tomoz now.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. f1iceman

Balance:
    781Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Finally got the display to work by changing it to the 16" screen i found the power pack and it has hdmi and worked first time.
    it all works but i only get 4000 rpm and its maxed out i see on yours it goes to full revs.
    theres a few versions of it to download i could have the wrong version, any idea which you have running.
    mines the 3220 revision
  10. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dunno, I will have a look later and let you know.
  11. bsft

bsft

Balance:
    Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  12. f1iceman

Balance:
    781Coins
    Ratings:
    +390 / 2 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, 3DOF, SCN5
    Thank you will have alook for it and try that out.
    • Like Like x 1