1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

Question DOFReality 2DOF M2 Arduino UNO Clone Issue

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by CharlieLima, Sep 15, 2020.

1. CharlieLima

CharlieLima New Member

Balance:
    - 28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Hi all,

I have a DOFReality M2 - Been having a few issues from day one (only had it just over a week). First was an out of square frame, then a broken power switch and now an intermittent fault on the Arduino UNO Clone. Whilst I have been in contact with support and they are sending me replacement parts I was interested if others have had issues with the USB connection on an Arduino UNO Clone or original.

Seems that there is a problem with the USB com port or something on the UNO board, it was working on Sunday afternoon, then in the evening no connection (showing in Win devices tho' as COM7) but no connection in SRS or SMC3 - Connected via USB 2.0 and direct to PC, even tested 3 different USB cable and PC's all had the same issue. Gave up and came back to it Monday morning, and tried to connect to SMC3 and it worked with motors moving - happy days. Came to use the M2 in the evening and it was not working again, even though nothing had been touched in the mean time on both occasions.

My conclusion is that there may be dry/bad solder joints and or some other fault on the UNO that is causing an intermittent USB connection issue.

Thanks
    Charlie
  2. CharlieLima

CharlieLima New Member

Balance:
    - 28Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    UPDATE:

DOFReality sent me a new board this fixed the issue for a short time but then the same happened again, I have tried my own boards and even a genuine Arduino, all suffered the same fait.

So this is not a hardware/dry solder issue as it happened on 4 Uno's

The issue happens randomly, simracing studio app stops seeing the board on the com/usb port - and even when I close this app down and try to connect with SMC3 it will not connect - However the com/USB port is shown in windows and I can still use the Arduino IDE app. Also if I take the Uno and try to connect it to SMC3 on a different computer, (where previously had no connection issues) the board will not connect either.

I can fix it by using AVRDude to flash the sketch back to the board, and all will connect and function properly until the next random time.

I'm wondering if this is a brownout issue and the board getting corrupted? but the sketch I use to fix it was taken form the original Uno board AFTER the 1st time the issue occurred.

Would be nice to solve this issue!
  3. Fash

Fash New Member

Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Curious problem, sometimes we insist on looking for complicated causes and the solution is usually simpler.

Start by ensuring everything to the same ground potential and all the cables that may be having bad electrical contact in connections or areas of friction or curvature, I know it seems obvious, but if several controller boards give the same fault it seems that there is a current loop that leaves the program out of combat
  4. paco

paco New Member

Balance:
    - 106Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    2DOF
    have you been able to use sim racing studio with arduino smc3 ?? does this software work with home systems ??
  5. Fash

Fash New Member

Balance:
    124Coins
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    Arduino
    Not sure about SRS comunication protocol.
    Peharps it works with drivers.

To use use arduino i think the easy way is simtools or flypt mover. It uses commands over serial port.
    • Like Like x 1