1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DOF Reality triple screen

Discussion in 'Commercial Simulators and Peripherie' started by ciggstovapor, May 31, 2018.

1. ciggstovapor

ciggstovapor Member Gold Contributor

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    I'm new here so I'm not sure if linking to YouTube is appropriate. I'm going to assume so, since I only started the channel to help out others from making the same mistakes I made!

I'm not exactly sure how well my buid will be received, especially after seeing some of these super custom rigs. Most of the items that make up my rig were purchased not DIY. I am definitely envious and respectful for those who can turn truck window washer motors into a simulator but I simply don't have the time. Either way I'm having a great time Sim racing and upgrading and tinkering on my rig. I enjoy sharing information with others.

Here is my first video. An introduction to myself and my Old Rig.

2. ciggstovapor

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Here is the second video I did. Mostly a continuation of the first going over my old SIM rig and talking about upgrades.

3. ciggstovapor

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    This is the third installment where I discuss the dof reality motion simulator.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ciggstovapor

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    And this is the last video I did. After I had changed out my old chassis for the dof reality simulator and got everything working.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ciggstovapor

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    IMG_20180531_013030.jpg IMG_20180531_013016.jpg IMG_20180531_013023.jpg
    Currently the Sim rig looks like this
    • Like Like x 3
  6. ciggstovapor

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    Here is the ricmotech shifter and simplicity dd wheel. Still have to install them. IMG_20180531_013048.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ciggstovapor

Balance:
    412Coins
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF
    20171027_093304-600x511.jpg

And this is the last piece of my puzzle. Still haven't ordered it but eventually...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Petemnz

Petemnz Member

Sparky by Trade
    Balance:
    60Coins
    Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, DC motor, Arduino
    Nice rig - could you please tell us what screens your using. Thanks
  9. Edward76

Edward76 New Member

Balance:
    51Coins
    Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hey, Just watched your last video on the channel. Pretty interesting situation with the prices. Unfortunately, there have been no updates for a long time. How's your setup doing now? Perhaps you have some ideas for the next upgrade?

Still laughing about the price comparison with the "next level" at 42:55 Thank you.
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1