1. Do not share user accounts! Any account that is shared by another person will be blocked and closed. This means: we will close not only the account that is shared, but also the main account of the user who uses another person's account. We have the ability to detect account sharing, so please do not try to cheat the system. This action will take place on 04/18/2023. Read all forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For downloading SimTools plugins you need a Download Package. Get it with virtual coins that you receive for forum activity or Buy Download Package - We have a zero Spam tolerance so read our forum rules first.

Buy Now a Download Plan!
  3. Do not try to cheat our system and do not post an unnecessary amount of useless posts only to earn credits here. We have a zero spam tolerance policy and this will cause a ban of your user account. Otherwise we wish you a pleasant stay here! Read the forum rules
  4. We have a few rules which you need to read and accept before posting anything here! Following these rules will keep the forum clean and your stay pleasant. Do not follow these rules can lead to permanent exclusion from this website: Read the forum rules.
    Are you a company? Read our company rules

DOF Reality Controller Mounting System

Discussion in '3D Printing' started by glenmoyes, May 6, 2020.

1. glenmoyes

glenmoyes New Member

Balance:
    19Coins
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My Motion Simulator:
    3DOF, Motion platform
    I've been working on a 3D-printed mounting system for the DOF Reality rig.

The idea is that I wanted to easily reposition the HOTAS controllers when I have guest riders, and swap out gear quickly (i.e. a single quick release clamp to switch rudder pedals with racing pedals.

I'm using a grid-like rail system to reposition the controllers and lock it down with a quick-release clamp. I might come up with a 3D-printed clamping system, but I'm just working on the proof of concept for now and keeping things simple.

I wanted to share the progress of this project and have the files be available from the get-go. I placed the files on GitHub at https://github.com/glenmoyes/dof-reality-mounts. The files are made in FreeCAD so anyone can edit them. STL files are also available.

Currently I'm supporting the gear that I own (CH Products for HOTAS, Fanatec Handbrake, Thrustmaster pedals), but I'll accept pull requests for additional gear!

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1